BruceC

Will my VCR record a CCTV camera?

Just what is the layout of this site? Could you do a quick sketch of the roads and buildings? Maybe a Google Earth screencap? As you see, we're more than just CCTV here; we might have other ideas that will work even better

Regarding the cell idea, you could look into a monthly or pay-as-you-go plan... couple it with a good IP camera that has built-in analytics support and you're golden.

I looked into a few of the pay as you go plans like Tracfone and Net10, but they require a monthly fee to keep alive. A few years back I looked at a cell company that was true pay as you go, but I have lost the link to them. They are using the old cell electronics that no one uses anymore, so they can offer very cheap plans. I am going to try and find them again.

I may try to put a map together, but it will have to wait until tomorrow because I am going to have to get to other business this evening.

Thanks everyone for all your help and suggestions.

also the forum can save you money. looking at your post (turn your VCR into motion) Convert an old VCR to a smart security recorder!

sounds good on paper. now here it is from a engineers point of view. on a standard VCR from pressing the record button to your VCR recording can be 10 secs. by adding a Conversion Module will miss the footage.

your camera detects the motion (someone crossing camera) your VCR activated by the module by the time the spools have spooled the tape and got upto speed to record the person will be away from your camera view hence nothing on tape. and that module is $150

motion on cameras is a pain you will end up switching it off.

like soundy has said give as much info of your area that you can . do you have internet do you have good mobile reception.

you want to catch the scum around your house. and members on here would love to also help you to do that.

but you need something that works. like you said you want to call the police if anything happends but what you dont want to be is the guy who calls wolf and not having any police responce at all.

if only someone would put this into production. (would be ideal for the end of your drive)

I looked into a few of the pay as you go plans like Tracfone and Net10, but they require a monthly fee to keep alive. A few years back I looked at a cell company that was true pay as you go, but I have lost the link to them. They are using the old cell electronics that no one uses anymore, so they can offer very cheap plans. I am going to try and find them again.

I may try to put a map together, but it will have to wait until tomorrow because I am going to have to get to other business this evening.

Thanks everyone for all your help and suggestions.

T-mobile . now has a pay as you go cctv data package. sim card

if only someone would put this into production. (would be ideal for the end of your drive)

Brilliant!