abhay

Yellow line in sony camera

I am facing problem with a 420 tvl camera having sony 405 ccd and 3142R dsp. on switching on the camera a yellow line appears on the left vertical of the monitor but when i view the same camera on an analog tv that yellow line disappear.

can any one suggest me the cause and the solution of the same...

Its urgent.

this line appear in the live view only. And only on the monitor not when the same camera is viewed on the analog tv.

470034443_yellowline.thumb.JPG.c8d36b72a0240a14513c0f07274dced9.JPG

If it's not on the recorded video, and doesn't show when you connect the camera to another monitor, then it's probably not the camera. Does it show on any other cameras? Does it show with the same camera if you connect it to another input on the DVR? If the DVR has a composite output, what shows if you connect that to the CRT?

this yellow line is shown on every monitor to which its connected. Its not visible on the tv. Yes this is the only camera, and this yellow line is visible on the every channel to which the camera is connected. According to me its an component level defect.

IMO Its the camera and how the DVR handles it.

Ive seen this with various cheap 1/4 Color IR cameras on some DVRs.

Something to do with total effective pixels of the camera, and the DVR is set to 704x480.

Wont see it on the TV as some edges are not showing on the TV.

Yellow probably some kind of bleed of the colors or something, sorry cant answer completely.

Best bet would be to ask Dahua's engineers.

I had answer for my own question.....

Yellow line appears with every 420 TVL camera as its the fault of Sony chip-set. On Analog TV, it doesn't appear cause analog tv crops the image and then made it display.

For this problem nobody can do anything..

Not EVERY 420TVL camera, I use 420TVL cameras with the same DVR and this only happens with some camera models. Also when it does occur it is normally just a Black line. I have also seen the same exact thing with 480TVL and higher cameras and with the Sony HQ1, and others using Panasonic Chips (eg. eclipse cctv cameras). Also seen this on GeoVision PC DVRs and others, so its not limited to Dahua. What I DID notice on the Geovision was in some cases it would appear when the source was set to 720x480, but not when it was set to 640x480. Seems its to do with the DSP and how the DVR handles it, whether it stretches the image completely or not?

Here is a cheap 1/4" Color IR .. this one really stood out:

cheapColorIR.jpg

These are the full raw images converted to Jpeg for the forum ..

Here is a 380TVL color camera with a Sony CCD

Here is a 420TVL BW camera with a Sony CCD

Home_Pic_17022011_044347_CH4.jpg.1d35e3816697edfeb651e7826dc9b54e.jpg

Home_Pic_17022011_044311_CH2.jpg.9057e686e1d7c4dd4f82fd5d8d6c6263.jpg

^Hey Rory, your disk is full....

LOL .. actually the hard drive died sometime around the end of last year

It was some old used sata drive I found on the ground in the garage ...

Im recording it over the network to my computer .. for now.