absolute2070

IR Illuminators for Parking lot

Hi all,

I am designing a system for a customer that requires coverage of a parking lot 192 ft wide by 266 ft long. I will have four 5 megapixel

Day/Night cameras attached to a building at a height of about 15 ft, looking across the length of the parking lot. I have never installed IR Illuminators, but due to the current lighting of the lot I believe that I will need them. My understanding is that if I use 240 to 300 ft range Illuminators, my beam spread will only be 20-30 degrees on the far end. I was planning on using one Illuminator per camera. Any suggestions on the application of IR Illuminators will be appreciated.

I believe thats the Senko 7.5-50mm - though I can't tell for sure since Stardot doesn't list it on their website.

It's a nice lens though it's technically it's not Megapixel. It's an Aspherical IR lens. Again this is only if I'm right about what lens it is.

I'd recommend dishing out the cash and getting a Theia 9-40mm. It's one of the few 5 Megapixel lenses on the market - and the only long range varifocal 5MP lens I'm aware of. It is also IR corrected.

note: After doing a google search on "Stardot 7.5-50mm" it appears Stardot rates this as a 1MP lens according to the various online shops I'm looking at.

Oh and I'm purposely not commenting on the IR Illuminators... there are others here who can give much better recommendations than I can there.

Thiea Lenses are very nice.... I have the 183 on a Avigilon 5MP an it is very impressive.

Yeah I have both the 183 and the 940 on my desk right now. I'm going to check it out on my 1080p Box later this week.

Took Theia long enough though... they were talking about these lenses over a year ago.

240-300' its normally more like 10-20 degrees.

If they werent Bosch now I would recommend Extreme CCTV IR, otherwise I cant recommend Raytec.

Probably better off looking for a cheaper brand of IR.