Sign in to follow this  
notquitecable

GV650 Card, software not saving changes, reboots computer.

I fix computers for a living and one of my clients had a camera system crash on him and the installer has since bellied up, so i'm in charge of getting it back running. The original computer would just crash every few hours, so I got used system, p4 with intel chipset to take its place.

It has a gv650 card and im running the 6x software. The problem i'm having is the software keeps closing itself out then reopening it and all my changes aren't there. The only thing i'm changing right now, is I'm turning off all cameras so the computer won't beep at me. After it reboots itself, the computer beeps again. I'm trying to get everything running off site so I can just walk in and plug it in, and not fumble around trying to set it up in front of my client. Since i have 0 cameras plugged in, is this normal for it to keep rebooting itself and problem will go away when i plug them in?

Thanks!

yes if you have no cameras connected and the software is showing video loss some geovision version 6x will keep on re-rebooting. You have to disable cameras in general settings, camera install