Hi Guys,

I have been reading thriug the posts but nothing quite fits my problem, This is my first time posting so hopefully somebody can give me some help.

I have just purchased a 4 camera colour CCTV system with 100gb hard drive. The software was pre installed so essentially it was plug and play. I have all the cameras in place and connected, with the image running to a LCD tv mounted on the wall, this is via BNC to the yellow connection in the tv.

the camera system is below

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FULL-CCTV-Security-System-KIT-outdoor-Colour-Cameras-UK-/290500617883?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item895f3f61f9#ht_3782wt_782

I can recieve a picture but it is heavily distorted and switching between black and white and colour. I have checked that the camera cables are running nowhere near any electrical cables and insured that there was no visible damage to them.

I am really at my wits end now as I don't know what else to check. I have tried trying to run it to my PC monitor via VGA and I still get the same distorted image. The image is un watchable and just bounces on the display screen..

Could it be a faulty DVR ?

any help or advice would be much appreciated. !!!

Hi,

If your tv is bnc, plug each camera into tv and test, could be faulty dvr, but that would eliminate dvr / wiring, sounds like wiring problem too me, did you buy pre made co-ax or make your own.

I would look at the power supply perhaps - 2 amps to run the DVR and 4 infrared cameras may be the issue...

Any change if you disconnect 3 of the cameras leaving only the DVR and 1 camera drawing power?

If the cameras draw a max of 350mA when in infrared mode then that would take 1.4amps, leaving only 600mA for the DVR....

Has your ebay seller been of any help?

Have you phoned them?