SEANHAWG

Pixim Orca

Has anyone had experience using cameras utilizing this chipset before. I have never used any Pixim cameras, let alone the Orca. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

We use this ATM camera from DeView, http://www.deviewelectronics.com/c/120/Wide/Dynamic/Range/ATM/Camera/ in twelve elevators with Speco corner mount housings, they work well, and deal with the doors opening into a very bright hospital lobby quite well.

deView also has the Pixim chipset in indoor and vandal domes, and box cameras. All of their domes allow interchanging WDR and standard camera modules, and have a five year warranty with advance replacements.

We have been using more and more of these (and CNB), as Pelco continues to deteriorate......

Ive used a few cameras with the Pixim chip (no idea about Orca) and will never do again.

why

All the ones I used, the image just doesnt look good, like it is digitized, or has artifacts, just didnt like them. Just go up a couple dollars and get a double scan one time.

I've used some of the deView cameras with the Orca as well, and they are pretty decent. I do think that the Seawolf is going to be a lot better. The specs on that look pretty good so far, I hope to get my hands on a couple of cameras here pretty soon.

I'll let you guys know how it stacks up.

I have also a plan to create a cctv set for my home. And thing to buy a pixim orca, as I understand it is no professional camera set.

It looks digitized because all the pixels are individually adjusting to the light levels. But the WDR is a lot better than any double scan CCD can do.

I dont know about that. Ive used both and the Double Scan produced good WDR results with a better image, but I guess it also depends on the camera used. In the end though BOTH of them have problems with dark faces which can be a real issue down here.