jayk

Avtech 674

Hi i am new to this site so please bare with me

I have recently install a Avtech 674 1000gb dvr but when i try to use the program to view on a pc when at work i cant log in.

I have connected the DVR direct into the router at their home and i cant even access it using LAN at thier home.

I have also tried to use the i PHONE to connect and still no joy !!!!!

I have tryed using differant I.P. address etc but like i say i`m not really up to speed yet with configuring it to be used over the internet

I also cant seem to find any contact numbers to avtech for over the phone advise on how to connect it up to the internet over the phone.

Can any 1 please help me ?

Hi Jayk,

Is your DVR a kpd674? Using LAN connection to pc should be working:

1-Go to the network settings of your PC, open properties of "Local Lan connection" and change internet protocol (tcp/ip) as follow:

-use the following IP adress

-Ip adress: 192.168.1.xx (the first part should be the same of IP

adress of the dvr, while the last 2 numbers "xx" need to be different).

-Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

(leave all the others in white)

2-Open Videoviewer software

click the icon in the top right (the icon of lens)

he should have to detect your dvr and appear his ip number

Double click on the number and enter user and password in the settings

After that you can access to your dvr by Lan

To connect your DVR to internet, you need to configure the dvr in base of your internet settings: if you don't have a fixed ip adress you need to apply for a DNS free account.

This part is longer to explain. Tell me your result with Lan connection, later i will help you with internet connection.

I give you some contacts of AVTECH:

support@avtech.com.tw

Tel: + 886 2 2655 3866

Hope these informations can be usefull to you

Leohuangdi

Hi mate

Thanks for that it worked a treat but now I can access it in Lan

but not through the internet onto my phone.

I think there was a dhcp accout so i set up an Ip address which seemed to do

the trick i just cant do the internet bit

Thanks for the reply

Jayk

When you have an DHCP connection you need to select in the network and apply for a DDNS account, did you do that? (then you have to enters the informations in the DDNS part).

I have 2 files for the internet configuration i hope they can be usefull.

One is in spanish...........but still can look the pictures

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B_Tf3Yb1yhhRNzAwYzkzZGMtOTRlYS00NDZiLTg2MTgtY2JiMmFjNzYwYTM3&hl=en&authkey=CIPApdcF

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B_Tf3Yb1yhhRODg3MmJiYmYtZDgxZi00YTMwLTlmMzgtNzBiNmI1MjVkM2Jh&hl=en&authkey=CIfg0c8K

After the connection by internet is ok, we can talk about connect from mobile phone

Hi Leohuangdi

I think after reading your link that what ive done is set up a private IP address for it.

So really if i set up a new ddns account and change the relative settings as mentions then do you think that should sort it out?

sorry would have been handy at the time if i new it was a dhcp account!

Thanks again for bearing with me i think i need to go on a networking course lol

Jayk

dear jayk,

those products should be more user friendly, the first time i connected one i also need a very long explaination.

Hope everything it's working fine now.

hi leo

Lol Tell me about it still not managed to sort it yet i no this might sound stupid but now im not sure if its static or hptc. It talks about port forwarding but yet i cant seem to gain access to the router/modem (02) . I seem to be going round in circles i think when i go back Wednesday i need to ring the ISP and get the correct details off them i will keep in touch and let you no.

Cheers Jayk

Hi Jayk,

It's easy to know if you have a fixed or dynamic ip adress, the second one changes (after some time, day.....). The first one is more expensive and you need to ask for it.

If you are not sure, just try both of the connections.

Can you still connect to internet with your computer through the router? then just need to open a port for the dvr (the one you assigned to it, maybe not port 80, ok?).

to verify the adress is active, do the Ping in your computer:

1. Open the command window by clicking START, then RUN. Type CMD, and press Enter or click OK.

2. Type "ping hostname" or "ping IPaddress". For example, type your dyndns adress "ping name.dyndns.com". Or enter IP adress ex: "ping 192.168.1.57"

3. press "Enter", see pingOutput

Waiting for your test in wednesday

hi Leohuangdi

I've successfully to monitor the DVR via a PC.

but now there are problems, namely:

if I monitor the CCTV images via cable output (DVR to TV), the picture is good,

and if I monitor the CCTV images via a PC, the picture is poor, broken pixels.

what wrong with that?

thanks

Hi oricle Leo

Sorry for the delay just to update you on my progress. I ve now contacted the ISP they have told me that it is a Mac address not a static 1 and im now able to access the router to alter settings.

I am now not sure which settings i need to change or add so i can remote access.

Its a O2 router and network if that helps also ive had alook on the O2 forums and other people have had the same problem

Cheers Jay

PS O2 technicians are not yet trained up in this area lol

I never used that kind of router but should be like the others

here i send you another document to setup the router (if you find somebody to help you even better).

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B_Tf3Yb1yhhRNWExOTAyY2EtOTIzMy00M2FmLWI4ZDQtMTVkYjYzYjUwMTk3&hl=en&authkey=COb3oZEE

I know that in italy some internet company's router doesn't allow to open ports in the router (need to call them and activate the function), since you called the company i think you are ok now.

(i also have trouble in the past with them, often they forward your call many many times).

Have a try, if you cannot do it i will give you some more help.

Hi Leo

sorry not been in touch tried to access your link only it wont let me view it.

going back to property in next few days i will let you no how i get on.

cheers Jay

Hi oricle Leo

Sorry for the delay just to update you on my progress. I ve now contacted the ISP they have told me that it is a Mac address not a static 1 and im now able to access the router to alter settings.

I am now not sure which settings i need to change or add so i can remote access.

Its a O2 router and network if that helps also ive had alook on the O2 forums and other people have had the same problem

Cheers Jay

PS O2 technicians are not yet trained up in this area lol

Hi is this the same router ???

2wire_2700-1.jpg

Hmmm... I'm not sure at what stage you are but in order to get your DVR to be accessibly over the internet you will need to configure port forwarding on your router. In the case of avtech 674 its very simple as you need to deal only with one port (80 by default). DHCP is not an account. It stands for dynamic host configuration protocol and can be disabled on your DVR as your router does that job for you. Having two DHCPs on the same network segment is not the best idea in the world in your case. You can set the DVR ip to static but make sure its outside the scope of your routers dhcp address pool (you need to access the router configuration for them details). Make sure it will have a proper subnet mask and default gateway address etc Also I'm not sure if you will need a dyndns account - it all depends if you have a static ip or dynamic assigned by your ISP. Next what you will need to do is open a port on your router (8080 could be an idea) and forward it to your DVR ip address and port 80. So then when you will be using your phone to connect you will be providing the ip address of the router + 8080 as the port address to your DVR (your router will forward it remember ?).

Hope it helps

Hi Miyagi,

How to do the port forwarding depends of your router. Need to enter the configuration menu of the router and enable a port for your dvr.

Usually you can do that in "port forwarding" or "virtual server" area.

You write the local ip of your dvr and select the port or port range.

Leo

Hi Miyagi,

How to do the port forwarding depends of your router. Need to enter the configuration menu of the router and enable a port for your dvr.

Usually you can do that in "port forwarding" or "virtual server" area.

You write the local ip of your dvr and select the port or port range.

Leo

Hi Leohuangdi

Do you have any step by step instructions please? Or know where I can find some?

I have absolutely NO idea how to even approach doing this! To be honest I dont understand it clearly enough.

Thanks very much.

If you tell me which brand of router are you using, i can prepare some instructions for you.

But, if you only have this dvr, probably can keep the default port 80, without the need to do portforwarding.

Most important, is to select the right network connection on dvr, and activate the ddns if you don't have a static ip.

Leo

If you tell me which brand of router are you using, i can prepare some instructions for you.

But, if you only have this dvr, probably can keep the default port 80, without the need to do portforwarding.

Most important, is to select the right network connection on dvr, and activate the ddns if you don't have a static ip.

Leo

Thank you very much Leo.

I have the Sky Sagemcom F@ST2304 router.

Yes I only have this DVR

Also I do not have a static ip....I did sign up for ddsn but I have no idea what that does either.....

Thanks