I've been using Geovision and Kodicom machines for most of my installs along with a few Kalatels, I have also installed a couple of Magic Radar based machines, they have been stable for the six or seven months that they have been installed and are very easy for the customer to use, I'm considering dropping Geo's and using Magic Radar, what has been other peoples experience with the Magic Radar?

Doug

I had very good experiences with it, and what's better is that you have a product that n o anyone know, so you can make more money when you sell it. I believe is a good idea.

Very good system, although I have to say there is a local guy in Los Angeles that sells them pretty cheaply. Right now a 16 camera 120 fps and 120 gb on P4 platform with XP Pro is going for $895.

I was selling the exact same Magic Radar for almost twice as much until this joker camer along and ruined the market here. Eventually dropped Magic Radar but had nothing to do with the operation of the system. Pure marketing decision.

Only problem ive had with magicradar is if a router is hooked up the inet viewer doesnt work ive tried dmz forwarding ports still no go but the remote software works fine with router.

Magic Radar? Are they another .tw or .kr hardware/software combo DVR card? What is their URL? Thx.

Git you new P8 DTV card now! Unlocks all channels, pron even. MJ approved

BTW, I pay over $100 CAD a month for BEV programming. No Pansat fo me. I like the NAGRA2 nag screens to get pirates all mad though

Wut be free though? BEV is going NAGRA2 and I believe that includes DISH since they are basically the same. DTV there is no hack as far as I b knowing unless you account split. What other 'free' sat is there other than FTA?

What sat signals can you get down there? Does BEV go that far?

Oh ding, I touhgt the topic be about magic radar or somthin?

Okay, I dont mess with Dish or BE, but, yes, they hack the Dish cards, and you can get BE and Dish, with a triple LNB dish, just like with Penzat. BEcause of the rumors of Penzat on the way out, FTA etc for Dish and BE, most people down here, myself NOT included, have purchased cable descramblers, they go for around $60 on ebay, or locally around $200.

Since our monopoly Cable Company, itself steals signals from US Network Stations, or did, I believe now they made their money they can afford to buy it legit now, they really would not have much of a case in court down here, especially since copyright laws are not properly enforced here. Cable Founder is ex signal stealer from up in CA by the way and came down here broke, got local investors and gov to put the money up and started stealing signals, then moved onto other areas of the caribbean as he is still making tons here and doesnt have to work. HE signed something giving him exclusive to C able in the Bahamas, and they called it C able B ahama s!

Interesting - from http://www.ebloggy.com/blog.php?username=Bahamian

"Phil Keeping was the president of Cable Bahamas. He started out in Canada by 'catching' satellite signals and selling Cable to remote towns and villages on the Atlantic Coast in Canada. His companies there were called 'Regional' and 'Eastern'. He arrived on our shores a virtual bankrupt.

He was funded by prominent Bahamians. Take a look at the board of Cable Bahamas, and you will see one name in particular that is not like the others.

Not only was he propped up and funded, but the shenanigans didn't end. He got an exclusive monopoly for Cable provision, with a long list of promises of services, and several ways of opting out of those promises. Ont top of that, remember how they were caught red-handed stealing satellite signals. It wasn't an aberration in their way of doing business.

We went through a long and tortuous road of Cable Bahamas shares being 'sold' and then there was Persona and Columbus and various shell games when Keeping announced that he had divested his shares in Cable Bahamas. It was all a shell game.

Keeping's bum boy from way back was Brendan Paddick, who was at Regional and Persona and different incarnations of the companies that controlled Cable Bahamas.

Ostensibly, Keeping went to Barbados to play his shell game there while leaving his minions behind at Cable Bahamas.

Cable Bahamas has a stink on it a mile wide. But as mentioned in a previous blog entry, it is the only way that we do business here, because Fortune 500 companies get pissed off with our practices, and we are left with the carpetbaggers and scam artists, who do business by enriching themselves and their Bahamian friends and providing goods and services as a vehicle for doing that."

ok "testers' Do any of you remember SATAN?? I heard that he got a Federl Indicment here for Theft of services in the first degree. Class B Felony, I believe 15-25 years time. Anyone knows if true?

penzat gives you up to 3500 channels with the right amount of dishes and LNBs ... but then, how much is worth watching .. not many .. ;-0

Penzat? Is that some new Free To Air receiver... or do you b mean Pansat?

Anybody have any dealings with these in Taiwan.

We are thinking of testing a few & would be grateful if anyone has anything of interest on them

Does anybody have any software or manuals for the Magic Radar T08 H.264 -- recently purchased a system that camera is already monunted and working however there are no manuals, no instructions, no software- so I have these great recordings that I cant view, access, ect/ HELP!!! I am in Jackson, MS if anyone has a referral of anyone in the area.