blowrabbit

Toshiba Surveillix vs. Clinton ce-dvr080

has anyone had any experience with a pc based toshiba surveillex or evr series dvr? these are fairly high powered units. also has anyone used or installed the Clinton line of dvrs specifically the CE-DVR080? looking for high quality recordings/ 8 channel/ with single audio / remote viewing / 60 days storage?

any help is greatly apprieciated, thank you

nope, but a fellow CCTV Forum Member/Distributor is coming out with a CCTVForum ultimate DVR using a PCI card with hardware compression, totally customisable on request Should be released in September .. need more info PM me .. actually its not related to the forum just they are a member and located in the US, and will have a very good product that will be above the rest as far as quality and speed, at lower costs also, and no its not me .

Rory

I Played with a Toshiba Surveillix a couple of times at a distributor. Can tell you that the unit is very powerful and the software is top notch. But the image quality is not that great. The search feature is one of the best I've seen, it has both disk map and time, event, and intelligent search. Didn't try the remote stuff, but I was told that it is impressive. I just don't like the picture quality, which basically means everything in a DVR.