jpx5

Geovision V8.4 compatability

According to Geovision if your GV650 card is Ver 3.30 or higher it'll work with Version 8.4.

Just wondering if you have the doc that mentions v3.30 or higher? Is that in the d/l readme.txt or something?

I have a version 3.0 card.

Based upon that chart it appears as though that card will NOT support any release higher than version 6.05, are you sure yours is 3.0.? I would check with usavisionsys.coms live chat to be sure.

Can you please let me know the results LittleScoobyMaster??

I also have an older GV650 card - forced to use Geo 6.1.1 to run it.

Im in Australia and the taiwain Geovision site mentions an upgrade program for old cards.

Ill find out more info when I next speak to them.

-Bob W

Based upon that chart it appears as though that card will NOT support any release higher than version 6.05, are you sure yours is 3.0.? I would check with usavisionsys.coms live chat to be sure.

Looking at it closer I notice it is listed as 3.1.

It was purchased several years back. I remember back then, the highest version I was supposed to be able to acheive was 7.x and that was with a USB dongle that was sent to me.

What is odd, is that the chart above mentions I should only be able to go to version 6.x. I wonder if that is why when I attemped to even run 7.x, it had issues. Perhaps they should not even sent me the dongle.

Edited by Guest

Can you please let me know the results LittleScoobyMaster??

I also have an older GV650 card - forced to use Geo 6.1.1 to run it.

Im in Australia and the taiwain Geovision site mentions an upgrade program for old cards.

Ill find out more info when I next speak to them.

-Bob W

Hey Bob.

I just sent an e-mail to the usavision website and hope to hear back soon. I have a GV600 ver. 3.0 card and I really want to run Geovision 8.4+ software on Win7. I hope there is an upgrade path as well, and if one exists, I hope it is reasonable.

I would easily pay $50 to $75 to upgrade my ver. 3.0 card to one that can run ver 8.4+. If you find the price for the upgrade, be sure to post it. I'll do the same. I would think there would be a valid upgrade path for us because it would seem rather ridiculous if we have to re-purchase the very same card we already have just to be able to run 8.4.

Hey Bob.

I just sent an e-mail to the usavision website and hope to hear back soon. I have a GV600 ver. 3.0 card and I really want to run Geovision 8.4+ software on Win7. I hope there is an upgrade path as well, and if one exists, I hope it is reasonable.

I would easily pay $50 to $75 to upgrade my ver. 3.0 card to one that can run ver 8.4+. If you find the price for the upgrade, be sure to post it. I'll do the same. I would think there would be a valid upgrade path for us because it would seem rather ridiculous if we have to re-purchase the very same card we already have just to be able to run 8.4.

Well I have 4 DVRs at a customer im finishing off ..

3 that are a couple years old, running 8.33 (think they originally had 8.30 on them).

1 New one .. I had problems with 8.33, probably was just a bad install, so removed that completely, then installed 8.4 which came with it. 8.4 was using 80-100% CPU usage on both cores using any of the 3 codecs. And this is a Pentium Dual Core 2.93 which Ive used before with 8.33 without issues (different mobo though as they change every week). So went back to 8..33 and its back down to 20-40% CPU .. still ALOT more than 8.12 which is like under 10% even on a slow P4! Geo is going BACKWARDs .. I mean if a 3 Ghz Dual Core CPU cant handle 8.4 then WOW.

Then there is the thing with Remote View Log, its not serious but still rediculous, from 8.33 they removed the address book from the Connection window. Now you have to enter an IP or select an IP from the list if you connected previously (which is fine unless you have 4 DVRs and have to remember which IP is which), OR go over to one of the icons on the right then select the address book from there. I mean why make it harder though, makes no sense.

I got a reply to my email regarding overlay not working for Geo video on win7, I explained it all to them, they got back to me about how to setup the DVR resolutions etc .. like I dont know that basic stuff already. After lines and lines of info on how to do what I already know and have done many times before, the last line asks me to send them a screen shot of the black borders .. I mean do all these issues only exist with NTSC??

Anyway .. im hardly going to worry anymore, not using them again.

Hey Bob.

Well I have 4 DVRs at a customer im finishing off ..

3 that are a couple years old, running 8.33 (think they originally had 8.30 on them).

1 New one .. I had problems with 8.33, probably was just a bad install, so removed that completely, then installed 8.4 which came with it. 8.4 was using 80-100% CPU usage on both cores using any of the 3 codecs. And this is a Pentium Dual Core 2.93 which Ive used before with 8.33 without issues (different mobo though as they change every week). So went back to 8..33 and its back down to 20-40% CPU .. still ALOT more than 8.12 which is like under 10% even on a slow P4! Geo is going BACKWARDs .. I mean if a 3 Ghz Dual Core CPU cant handle 8.4 then WOW.

Then there is the thing with Remote View Log, its not serious but still rediculous, from 8.33 they removed the address book from the Connection window. Now you have to enter an IP or select an IP from the list if you connected previously (which is fine unless you have 4 DVRs and have to remember which IP is which), OR go over to one of the icons on the right then select the address book from there. I mean why make it harder though, makes no sense.

I got a reply to my email regarding overlay not working for Geo video on win7, I explained it all to them, they got back to me about how to setup the DVR resolutions etc .. like I dont know that basic stuff already. After lines and lines of info on how to do what I already know and have done many times before, the last line asks me to send them a screen shot of the black borders .. I mean do all these issues only exist with NTSC??

Anyway .. im hardly going to worry anymore, not using them again.

Hopefully, whatever mess they made of 8.4 gets resolved in a future revision.

Geovision needs some serious competition, that much is certain.