blowrabbit

remote observation on android phone?

i got this $280.00, {probably my first mistake} Hik vision dvr 4 channel 250gb thats supposed to be compatible with android phones for remotely viewing the camera. Turns out the current ge dvrme system that i use for remote viewing is not able to use the same router port settings [1024] as this Hik unit. The Hik uses a 8000 port setting, ect.... I am just wondering if this Hik unit has worked successfully for anyone else regarding remotely viewing on an android phone?

Edited by Guest

i got this $280.00, {probably my first mistake} Hik vision dvr 4 channel 250gb thats supposed to be compatible with android phones for remotely viewing the camera. Turns out the current ge dvrme system that i use for remote viewing is not able to use the same router http port settings [80] or the port settings [1024] as this Hik unit. The Hik uses a 8000 port setting

Apparently you need to down load iVMS-4500 from the 'Apps Store' on your phone.

Check this out;

G'luck.

I dont know what model you purchased but Hikvision makes a pretty solid DVR for the most part so I wouldnt worry too much about that. Can you not change the port setting on the DVR to 80 instead of 8000? Also, more than likely, you will use a different port than 8000 or 80 to access the DVR from your Android

No - just watch the video link and leave the mobile port at 8000...

Make sure your router port forwarding and/or NAT is configured correctly.

There are no problems using any Hikvision DVR with Android and iVMS4500.

Hikvision DVRs use 2 ports (web and data), by default they are 80 and 8000. For Android phones you only need data port, but you should have both ports accessible from internet.

I do not think buying a Hikvision DVR is a "mistake", you just need to configure it right, but the problems you need to solve would be the same for other DVR (opening ports on router, etc).