jsimon

Geovision new products already for sale

We've got the cards in stock and the drivers are downloadable. Geovision says they'll get us the CDs soon, but who knows...

Adam

These cards seem like they will come in handy. I guess they are not much more expensive than the other cards. From what I have been told, they are about $100 more.

Does anyone know if this replaces the GV-net as well?

from what i have seen of the GSP only cards they arent all that .. great for if you need an extrernal CCTV or TV Monitor, but thats about it.

I wouldn't take a Geovision if it was given to me.

On the right hardware, Geovision is a very stable and feature-rich software solution.

What software and hardware would you recommend as superior?

from what i have seen of the GSP only cards they arent all that .. great for if you need an extrernal CCTV or TV Monitor, but thats about it.

That's exactly the function of the DSP - it gives you the raw video looped out to an external CCTV monitor. This is before the software encodes it, so it's far higher-quality video in real time, regardless of the FPS of the card itself. So

That's exactly the function of the DSP - it gives you the raw video looped out to an external CCTV monitor. This is before the software encodes it, so it's far higher-quality video in real time, regardless of the FPS of the card itself. So

So thats why it looks so crappy in multi view .. its spliting the 1 channel signal among all the cameras .. as its not a mux?

"DSP card isnt that great, is real time but video looks fake in multi view .. only RCA out or PC Full Image looks good .. im testing in on my Iview PC right now until i get the other mobo tomorrow ... its running without issues as its a GB Intel Board."

"I like multi view without dsp enabled much better .. but full view is much better with DSP enabled .. Iim definately just getting the GV1000 in the future though .. unless they specifically need video out to a CCTV monitor .. since most people just want a multi view on their monitor, without seeing the DVR software interface. Only way to do that with the DSP Card is using DSP full screen, from what I can tell? Without the DSP card multi view full screen is great."

Basically its like Vid or Am cap,it gives you full real time res on 1 camera .. (heck I cn do that for you). GEO is still splitting the signal up to multiview as that is not raw .. so there is where the issue is .. GEOs split of the signal is causing it to look fake and not real when in multi view.

Either way, wiith DSP enabled Multi view looks crappy .. will use an SiS tomorrow and let you know ...

Now that said, im a real perfectionist when it comes to video .. its gotta look reall ...

also, ive tried all their features .. what exactly arethe pros and features of usng a Geo vision card ..? eXCept if you are doing PTZ Tracking .. there is nothing I can see that it has over the rest .. I mean for one it doesnt have a disk map .?

personally I m using it for the raid and great support I can get for it from the person I buy it from ..

Well we're ready to go with the 1240's and 1480's - Geovision has given us the 7.0.2 beta software for shipping immediately, and the final version will be released on Monday.

The beta does not support NVIDIA graphics, but the full version due Monday will. We switched to Radeon 9600's anyway so it doesn't affect our PC based systems.