Sign in to follow this  
monkeywash

Can't get SA5108 & iPhone app to talk nicely!

Hello,

Just found this forum so this is my first post. I've looked about but not found a post regarding this particular issue.

I have an Averdigi SA5108 and I can't get the iPhone app to work.

I have Handy Viewer enabled, I can view via Handy Viewer and the full web viewer and the remote console both on Lan and Wan. All ports are forwarded correctly Wan to Lan.

When I connect with the iPhone app, it connects to the server, and the appropriate number of channels (8) for the DVR show as active (although I only have 5 set as viewable) but no video shows and under the video window there's a message "No authorized!"

I get this message if I use either the Handy Viewer port (300) or the console port (5550), and it gives me this message whatever username and password I use, including valid users and administrators.

However, if I get the IP address or port wrong it gives the message "Connect Failed!" as you would expect. This is why I know it's making the server connection, just not showing video.

I'd be very grateful if anyone can help out,

Cheers

Mark

Hello,

Just found this forum so this is my first post. I've looked about but not found a post regarding this particular issue.

I have an Averdigi SA5108 and I can't get the iPhone app to work.

I have Handy Viewer enabled, I can view via Handy Viewer and the full web viewer and the remote console both on Lan and Wan. All ports are forwarded correctly Wan to Lan.

When I connect with the iPhone app, it connects to the server, and the appropriate number of channels (8) for the DVR show as active (although I only have 5 set as viewable) but no video shows and under the video window there's a message "No authorized!"

I get this message if I use either the Handy Viewer port (300) or the console port (5550), and it gives me this message whatever username and password I use, including valid users and administrators.

However, if I get the IP address or port wrong it gives the message "Connect Failed!" as you would expect. This is why I know it's making the server connection, just not showing video.

I'd be very grateful if anyone can help out,

Cheers

Mark

Hi mark. you only need to portforward port 5550 for everything. and which iphone do you have

Hi! Thanks for the reply.

I tried port 5550 first, but out of curiousity tried the Handy Viewer port as well (in my case 300) and both show the same behaviour.

It's an iPhone 4, but I get exactly the same problem with an iPod (2nd Gen I think) and an iPad,

Mark

Hi! Thanks for the reply.

I tried port 5550 first, but out of curiousity tried the Handy Viewer port as well (in my case 300) and both show the same behaviour.

It's an iPhone 4, but I get exactly the same problem with an iPod (2nd Gen I think) and an iPad,

Mark

hi .... everything is port 5550 on the avers ...... port 300 has nothing to do with handy viewer. also a new app for the iphone app was released. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/averdigi-iviewer/id336316715?mt=8

Sorry, yes, my mistake - I have setup the Webviewer Port as 300, and the Console port is 5550 which means I can use Handy Viewer on both 5550 and 300.

I changed the webviewer port from 80 to 300 since I didn't want port 80 open with Handy Viewer on the Wan as there is no security on Handy Viewer (and my current router does not do port translation).

I have the latest iPhone app installed (v3.1.0.0009)

Mark

Sorry, yes, my mistake - I have setup the Webviewer Port as 300, and the Console port is 5550 which means I can use Handy Viewer on both 5550 and 300.

I changed the webviewer port from 80 to 300 since I didn't want port 80 open with Handy Viewer on the Wan as there is no security on Handy Viewer (and my current router does not do port translation).

I have the latest iPhone app installed (v3.1.0.0009)

Mark

can you just do a quick test on your pc. please enter http://yourlocalip:5550/mobile and see what comes on your pc screen

Yep - Handy Viewer works perfectly on a web browser, both on Lan and Wan.

Attached is a screenshot of Handy Viewer working ok (dark outside!) and also pics of what I see on the iPhone app:

Capture3.JPG.d4f54548fcad622e36914e84c291fabd.JPG

Capture1.JPG.4216e8f2df08d54abd78da681caea19c.JPG

Capture2.JPG.299cf5268c0076ca9ebd6d66a82ba564.JPG

Yep - Handy Viewer works perfectly on a web browser, both on Lan and Wan.

Attached is a screenshot of Handy Viewer working ok (dark outside!) and also pics of what I see on the iPhone app:

i see your problem. you do not have vieiwing rights with your password ........... just type admin and not mark

or go into users and edit your name and you need to tick cames you wish to view. the symbol on your iphone means its on but you dont have rights to watch.

just change mark to admin first.

I figured it was a user rights issue, so good to hear that confirmed.

The user Mark and of course admin are both administrators and so have access to all cams.

Mark and admin work perfectly using web access and remote console for all cams.

I have tried logging in as admin, also I have tried Mark with and without the correct password for that user and also tried admin with and without the password.

I have also tried creating a new login called user which is not an administrator and assigned all cameras and that does not work

either.

Kinda puzzling!

I figured it was a user rights issue, so good to hear that confirmed.

The user Mark and of course admin are both administrators and so have access to all cams.

Mark and admin work perfectly using web access and remote console for all cams.

I have tried logging in as admin, also I have tried Mark with and without the correct password for that user and also tried admin with and without the password.

I have also tried creating a new login called user which is not an administrator and assigned all cameras and that does not work

either.

Kinda puzzling!

take a look at your network page and top right see if all cameras are ticked

Really hate to say this, but I already tried that one and no go.

I installed it again from your link, and again it is the same as before.

I wonder if it's maybe the DVR software version that's throwing a bug?

Mark

Really hate to say this, but I already tried that one and no go.

I installed it again from your link, and again it is the same as before.

I wonder if it's maybe the DVR software version that's throwing a bug?

Mark

can you press f1 on your keyboard and post what you see

Sorry for the delay - had to sleep

Ok - F1 produces this:

i have sent you a pm with another ip address for you to try with your iphone. if you see images then we know its settings on your dvr.

Ok, now it gets weirder!

I was fully expecting that to give me images, but it's just the same as when I log into my dvr, giving the "no authorized!" pic. I can tell you have a 16 cam dvr, but no images.

The odd thing is that I can use the app to connect to the demo site at live.dss.com.tw on port 80 absolutely fine and watch the Taiwanese motorbikes!

I have also tried connecting to your dvr on my ipod touch using both wifi through my isp and also through a mifi(on T-mobile) to prove it's not my local network - and I get the same results.

Now I'm really puzzled.

Ok, now it gets weirder!

I was fully expecting that to give me images, but it's just the same as when I log into my dvr, giving the "no authorized!" pic. I can tell you have a 16 cam dvr, but no images.

The odd thing is that I can use the app to connect to the demo site at live.dss.com.tw on port 80 absolutely fine and watch the Taiwanese motorbikes!

I have also tried connecting to your dvr on my ipod touch using both wifi through my isp and also through a mifi(on T-mobile) to prove it's not my local network - and I get the same results.

Now I'm really puzzled.

on your iphone 4 do you have updates turned on........... were are you based ???

Not sure what you mean as updates on the iPhone as apps always inform you of updates - but it's definitely using the latest version of the viewer app.

I'm in Chester, Cheshire,

Mark

Not sure what you mean as updates on the iPhone as apps always inform you of updates - but it's definitely using the latest version of the viewer app.

I'm in Chester, Cheshire,

Mark

am in chester also

What a small world! I'm in Vicars Cross at the moment!

Must admit, I'm very grateful for all the help. Do have you any more ideas?

Did the version numbers give you any idea of what's wrong?

It's very odd that I can't get to the DVR you sent earlier either, but I can get to that DVR through the web using /mobile to see the handy viewer jpgs.

My understanding is that the app simply takes sequencial refreshes of the handy viewer jpgs rather than an mjpeg stream, so since on the SA series, handy viewer does not use a username and password, maybe the app is not compatible with the SA implementation of handy viewer?

This would explain the authorisation problem since there is no authorisation protocol in the SA handy viewer and yet the app is trying to provide one?

What a small world! I'm in Vicars Cross at the moment!

Must admit, I'm very grateful for all the help. Do have you any more ideas?

Did the version numbers give you any idea of what's wrong?

It's very odd that I can't get to the DVR you sent earlier either, but I can get to that DVR through the web using /mobile to see the handy viewer jpgs.

My understanding is that the app simply takes sequencial refreshes of the handy viewer jpgs rather than an mjpeg stream, so since on the SA series, handy viewer does not use a username and password, maybe the app is not compatible with the SA implementation of handy viewer?

This would explain the authorisation problem since there is no authorisation protocol in the SA handy viewer and yet the app is trying to provide one?

no all avers run with the app and it is live stream and not refresh java. it is h264. if you pm me your address i will call and look ............. i have never come across anyone having problems with remote viewing. something simple in setup is stopping you (on your phone) because the link i sent of another dvr does not work either.

how far are you from the spar shop in vickerscross

hi mark yes the app need the latest update. the aver app was updated only 2 weeks ago so if you had already downloaded the old one and you have downloaded the new one on top then that may not work. i would delete all aver apps from your phone then reinstall a new one.

you could ask someone with a nokia to try and connect just to see.

for a nokia you enter as follows.

http://yourip:5550/JAVA-Viewer.html

no passwords needed.

Ok, I've deleted both apps and reinstalled, but it's still the same.

The Orange AVerDiGi iViewer is v3.1.0.0009 28th Jan 2011

The Green DSS iViewer is also v3.1.0.0009 18th Feb

So if there is one released 2 weeks ago, then it's not the version on iTunes.

I don't know anyone with a nokia, but I can easily connect with Handy Viewer using any web broswer, I can also connect with Remote Console and I can connect via the standard Web interface with no problems at all.

It's just the app which doesn't work on either the iPhone, Ipod Touch, or iPad. Very odd.