Everyone knows all clients now want those sleek LCD monitors instead of the older box style monitors.

Anyone have an easy and cheap way to get an LCD or any Flat Panel Display to hookup to a Windows based DVR.

I'm thinking of using an ATI card with TV out, but then again I could always just use second VGA port over ethernet to the monitor. Anyone have a good solution. Damn REAL LCD monitors with composite in are expensive!!!

What DVR are you using? Every PC Based DVR that I have worked with already has VGA outputs which is what your LCD would normally use. Only if you are using a DVR like a Kalatel, DM, Nuvico, etc which is an embedded style would you need a monitor with composite video input. Also as an observation I have yet to find an LCD monitor that can outperform even the lower cost tube color monitors for brightness, sharpness, and most importantly viewing angle. So unless your customer has a space problem he would be better off with a tube monitor.

CCTV LCD Monitors in the US start at around $800 and go up, they have higher resolution than normal computer LCDs, but still not as good nor as cheap, as a CRT. However for spacesaving they can be neat.

Dell has some Ultra Crisp LCDs like 19-21", not sure if these will work with CCTV or not, havent checked the specs, they are not cheap neither, but the picture is the best I have seen on any LCD yet, and as good as any CRT computer monitor (limitations like screen resolution being an issue though, have to run small).

Just FYI:

V175RUXRA

17" TFT LCD Monitor

Color: Black Features: Built-in Speakers

Wall Mountable

$ 425.00 (via referral to the mfg from Epic Consultants)

For specs, visit:

http://www.batesias.com/products/V175RUXRA.html

Honestly, we lined up several different makes of LCDs, & this just blew away the rest for clarity/resolution. It didn't hurt that it was also the lowest in price.

thats a good price, Ill check it out, thanks for the link

I dont know enough about LCDs to compare specs, maybe Didly can put some input in here, he seems to know this area. Either way. does it have CCTV input (composite), cant tell?

Rory

whoops, RGB input, thats computer PC only right?

though maybe with an adapter it will still do CCTV good, as its res is high?