If some of you will remember, we had a job to redo a Ip camera system that the customer got raked over the coals so to say. In amounted to 14 AXIS domes and 2 AXIS PTZ. The system never worked correctly and the installing company wouldn't come back to repair it.I think their reason for not showing up, was tha fact they charged the customer $42,000.00 for the system and they got that money and hit the road. We had to build a new NVR for him, the one he had with the system was a HP with a sticker for Windows Vista, but it had a Windows 7 in the unit. Turns out the HP was several years old to start with.Included was 2 HD's. one a 500gb and the other 160gb. Certainly not enough space for a system this size. We were able to get the operating system

off of one HD. Millstream helped us and AXIS helped us with the camera license. We had to work 2 days to get the system going after all this shop work. They used CAT5 and goofed up many of the connectors but when we turned it on, everything worked great along with audio that the customer didn't even know it was in several cameras. It's a shame that dealers like the one that installed this system even exist. It makes it hard for the honest dealers to make a sale. We only used around 50% of the bandwidth.

It sucks for the customers, but it just makes the good guys look that much better. If everyone was as honest as your company, you wouldn't be so successful.

Good story oldtimer!

Good morning BPZIE.Thanks for your thoughts. I appreciate them. One thing I didn't post this week, at least I don't think I did. Our anniversary for the company was 63 years On St. Pats day, March 17th. That first camera cost me over 18 grand wholesale. How things have changed. That all took place back in 1948.

18 GRAND... Now that is a story I would like to hear. Was this for a surveillance system? Who could possibly afford that, kind of like a couple hundred grand today.