3RDIGLBL

Spotted PTZ Wireless Install

Not sure if anyone attended the Red Bull Crashed Ice event in Quebec City this past weekend but look it up on YouTube it's awesome.

My wife thinks I'm strange when I take pictures of camera installs LOL! I spotted this temporary install at the event. I'm not familiar with the PTZ camera but I'm sure some here may be but it definitely looks like they are using a Ubiquiti CPE although the one here is larger than what I typically use. The antenna is the same shape so I can almost bet it's Ubiquiti.

I saw a couple temp installs while I was there. It was reported that 110,000 spectators were there to see the event that was broadcasted live in 55 countries.

ptzcrashediceth-1.jpg

Yep, Nanostation M2, or M5. Curious about why they were using two of them, though.....And I think I probably get noticed by security in a lot of places, because I'm staring at the ceilings, looking at their cameras!

Looks like an M5 or M2.

Not sure what's up with that huge kludge though, hopefully they didn't pay a lot for that setup.

Probably something an on-site tech hacked together Looks like it's made to be portable and ready to deploy. Lot cheaper to use someone's balcony rather than pack a tower around!

Yep, Nanostation M2, or M5. Curious about why they were using two of them, though....

Repeating to another similar setup?

.And I think I probably get noticed by security in a lot of places, because I'm staring at the ceilings, looking at their cameras

Me too... I don't even have to look most of the time, I just start automatically noticing the cameras when I walk into a place.

Ha, I thought I was the only one who did that. They have to think that we are trying to plan a heist by surveying their surveillance systems.

My wife really thinks I am nerd when I walk into a store with her and start blurting out the brand and model numbers of the cameras. Well she say's I'm a nerd, but I'm sure she really thinks I'm sexy when I do that.

My wife really thinks I am nerd when I walk into a store with her and start blurting out the brand and model numbers of the cameras. Well she say's I'm a nerd, but I'm sure she really thinks I'm sexy when I do that.

We're bringin' sexy back, yep yep!

I'm not as familiar with the camera models, but since starting into the CCTV market I'm sure I've become more noticeable to the security at my various haunts.

That is a Bosch PTZ camera

You're right that is a Bosch...

Also is your cabling really that messy over there? ..Jeez I thought the Irish were bad!!!

That is a Bosch PTZ camera

You're right that is a Bosch...

Also is your cabling really that messy over there? ..Jeez I thought the Irish were bad!!!

they probably left the extra slack incase they wanted to walk around with it on the balcony

Ha, I thought I was the only one who did that. They have to think that we are trying to plan a heist by surveying their surveillance systems.

My friends just look at me like I'm crazy or tell me to get a life lol.

haha nice observations.

my head is constantly on a swivel for cameras, network gear, POSs, TVs, pro audio, pro video, concert lighting, fueling systems, 2way radios, and anything communications related. generally anything with blinking lights or buttons.

if i don't know the make/model it drives me nuts.

i can't believe i'm still married.

My wife thinks I'm strange when I take pictures of camera installs LOL!

Just wait until some poorly-trained "security" guard sees you doing that...