Hello,

I recently bought 8 cameras and an 8-channel CCTV card. The Cameras were tested by plugging them into the input video slot on the TV, and their pictures showed up. However, no matter how hard I try, I cannot get the CCTV card to recognize that there is a camera connected to it. They are from the same company (Zmodo). Also, when I try to start up the program for the card, it says "run-time error 32015, clip region boundary error".

I have tried it on two different PCs with two different OSes. The problem is with the card, but I don't know what exactly I'm doing wrong.

Thank you in advance.

Not familiar with Zmodo, but it sounds like some sort of cheap eBay junk... which would mean the card itself is probably of questionable design and iffy construction, with so-so software and really spotty drivers... any or all of which could be the cause of your problem. The error would tend to indicate driver or software issues; if it's the driver, that would certainly account for the card not recognizing any input.

You don't mention anything about your PC's specs, including CPU and version of Windows, but googling that error message led me to an older post on this forum: about18357.html - looks like AMD CPU and Vista may both be suspects in that thread.

Thank you for your help. I bought this card because I am on a tight budget. In any case, I will return the card and get a good one. Any recommendations for a good one? Once again, I am on a tight budget, so $500 cards are a no-no.

Thank you in advance.