blowrabbit

honeywell fusion dvr

has anyone used the high end honeywell FUSION dvr ? it is pc based and seems to have all the bells and whistles along with very high quality pictures both live and remote ? as this unit costs around $5000 i assume it is head and shoulders above the video insight pc based dvr?

Dont assume too much, Honeywell is not exactly a big player in the CCTV industry ... only thing they got going for them is they bought Ultrack and Silent Witness, but even those arent what they use to be.

Ademco video's prices have always been triple what they are worth, so dont go by the price tag, i checked into them before they became honeywell, but its still the same brand.

Where did you get that price from anyway, ADI, or other? I See commusa is selling them, but then they are also selling crappy pelco cameras (just worked on a couple of those they have on their site, and they were sooo crappy).

i thought that pelco and honeywell were not the same thing? the price i got for a 4 cam [rem-fpk1 ] one terabite, was from either spytown or 2mcctv i think? i saw one of the fusions at honeywell show in seattle and it outshined any other there. adi price was way higher. i also found a sdvr-10-600 ge for less than 4 k. do you think the ge is better than the fusion or a atv dvr?

by the way i am finding the panasonic super III 484 camera awesome.

The GE's are rock solid stand alones, except for speed (and price), will beat any of them in quality, ease of use, simplicity, and stability. The DVMRe-CT is the best, cause its so small in height, and does alot, even though 60pps, its a great unit. The PRO does 120pps with built in CD or DVD and USB / Firewire. still embedded Nulceous RTOS, but I prefer the CT personally.

If you want speed then you need a PC, which the fusion is, but you can build a better one for much less. ATV doesnt come close to the GE DVRs.

my needs for dvr are in this order, 1] need high quality picture recording with audio 2] need long term storage 30to 60 days for 4 cams in motion 3]need to be able to remote view w/ audio either live or recorded, but again the picture quality is utmost. would sacrifice remote capability for actual quality of recording. and am able to spend 5 to 7 thousand per system

is it still the ge kalatal dvr, over the rest, which are to me the honeywell, toshiba, atv, nuvico, clinton, sanyo, gvi, and video insight?

High quality, yes. Audio, 1 channel. If you need more than 1 channel you really need a PC based.

Well I wouldnt even put honeywell on the list, nor clinton, and GVI and Nuvico are mid range DVRs so they arent really in the same league, but still decent DVRs. Video Insight is a Hybrid PC DVR. Toshiba and Sanyo are good names but not the same as the GE DVR, though some like to think Sanyo is as good ..

I just havent seen anything yet that matches the GE, bosch is getting close, very, and may even be there. Remember Kalatel has been doing this for years, along with Kodicom, and Teleplex, they were really some of the first major manufacturers of professional DVRs. Dont forget Dedicated Micros (personally dont like them), Baxtor and Dallmeir either ..

Feature wise we compare very well. They do POS, we don't. We can support IP cameras, they can't.

March Networks 3204 DVR - 4 Cameras/60 FPS, 1 Audio channel built-in, optional 2nd channel - embedded OS....45 days of storage (high quality), 15 FPS/Camera (60 FPS Total), 60% motion...MSRP$2915...I would put their video quality up against anyone, anywhere....http://www.marchnetworks.com/products/3204dvr.asp

Rory, I have seen you mention you were looking for their pricing...I have a copy of their MSRP price list - don't have dealer prices though. Let me know.