eben

Software that'll work with AVTECH AVN252

I'm playing with an AVTECH AVN252 camera.

The first thing that I've noticed is that the supplied software is far from brilliant, so it's pretty obvious I need something better.

I'd like to build myself a "server" that can communicate with the camera and can record any incidents / motion triggers.

I'd then like to have some sort of remote software that I can run on my pc some distance away to see the live feed and play back the recordings.

I've looked at NUUO and Koukaam, but neither supports AVTECH. I've also looked at a rather smart program from China that's just called NVR_Client, but it also doesn't support AVTECH. H264 Webcam ver 3.8 supports the camera, but the software is still very basic and doesn't meet with my requirements.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You may give a shot at Blueiris.

Thank you Shankar!

This could be just the ticket.

Hi Eben,

I would suggest trying another "larger brand" of IP camera, for exmaple Axis or Vivotek, please also remember its important to tie yourself in with a supplier that can offer you local support, although AVTECH are quite large on analog i feel they are not quite there when it comes to IP.

You can feel free to contact me i am locally based and look after NUUO for Africa as one of my regions.

Hope this helps

Graham

Hi Eben,

I would suggest trying another "larger brand" of IP camera, for exmaple Axis or Vivotek, please also remember its important to tie yourself in with a supplier that can offer you local support, although AVTECH are quite large on analog i feel they are not quite there when it comes to IP.

You can feel free to contact me i am locally based and look after NUUO for Africa as one of my regions.

Hope this helps

Graham

Hello Graham

Thanks for the reply. We emailed each other more than once a couple of weeks ago

In the end, I took the hit on the AVTECH and wrote it off as a bad business decision.

Regards

Eben