fullhouse

Indoor LED and white balance

Hello,

Am reading a lot here and learning but cannot find an answer on this one..

I have some CCTV cameras installed in a jewelry shop, but I cannot get the white balance and or colors right?

Cameras:

- Pal

- 1/3" Exview HAD CCD II Chip

- (DSP) Effio-E

- 700 TVL B/W 650 TVL color

- Pics 976 x 582 Pixel

- Auto-Electronic-Shutter (AES) 1/50s ~ 1/110.000s

- On Screen Display (OSD)

- 2D-NR

In this shop there are several LED (2700K 7 and 10 watt) and halogen lamps present. I have tried several different settings of the white balance but no succes.

The problem I have is the black turns to blue and gray? Also differences in black fabrick? So polyester is gray and wol is somewhat blue/black..

Is this the lights or the camera?

I now installed simple 420TVL automatic white balance cameras and color is ok but I miss the sharpness of the other cameras..

Looking forward to a reply!

Greetings from Holland

Rick

Sounds more like a contrast issue than white balance. Can you post some sample pictures from both cameras?

Thanks for the fast reply...

Will try to get some pics, but I already tried everything (I think)

ps. When I try these cameras in our workshop or anywhere else, all is ok?

Regards

Rick

Most Jewelry stores go absolutly hog-wild with lights... including bright halogens on the display cases to make the stones sparkle... so I'm quite sure it's not a problem of ENOUGH light.

I agree with the other posters... pics would be helpful.

I have to agree that it is a contrast issue or you are simply overdriving. Turn the gain down! Halogen lighting in jewellery shops is easily overcoming any LED lighting they are using. WB for halogen is simple.

Hallogen lights gives a lot of IR, like Tungsten or sunlight. I am thinking it is the IR reflection on black fabric that make it look blue, green or gray.

You can confirm this if you have Florescent light. Turn off all hallogen lights and only have FL lights on to see if your black fabric is still blue, green or gray.

If your shop keeps some lights on during the night, you can use just a Day mode color camera, which cuts IR lights.

But if you do not have enough light at night and want to avoid this, you need cameras with Infra-red Cut Filter Removal cameras. They are called True Day and Night cameras or ICR(IR Cut filter Removal) cameras.

Many threads are here on the forum about this issue.