Sign in to follow this  
missing link

bnc connector?

Hello all,as I am up and running now,with a new 4-channel DVR,I was just wondering on the method of connecting this type of bnc connector to cable?

YW01-1.jpg

I have already attempted it. The threaded nut over the cable first which slides over the black insulator of the cable. Then the washer which is too narrow to slide over the black insulator,then the funnel shape bit,and then the orange bit. But the connector doesn't seem to bite on,or hold onto the cable.

Your advise most appreciated

Paul

That is not an "F" connector. It is a "Clamp-On BNC Line Socket" connector. The washer is too narrow because the connector is made for RG-58, not RG-59. Apparently, it is also a "female" connector, not a "male" (hence the term "Socket").

Ah, the one in the above picture looks like it could be a solder on type. Look at the center pin. This brings back memories! Love to see the twist-on junkies work one of these.

That is not an "F" connector. It is a "Clamp-On BNC Line Socket" connector. The washer is too narrow because the connector is made for RG-58, not RG-59. Apparently, it is also a "female" connector, not a "male" (hence the term "Socket").

Yes correct. I have FE99H which is the male side but maplin doesn't have an exploded picture like the female side. Nevertheless,thanks survtech,I now understand the fitment doesn't suit RG-59 cable

Ah, the one in the above picture looks like it could be a solder on type. Look at the center pin. This brings back memories! Love to see the twist-on junkies work one of these.

I would also like to see someone that is used to using a hand calculator try to use one of these:

article109213102B40268000005DC777_468x36-1.jpg