andyh747

Initial Setup of Averdigi Nano DVR

Hi All,

Just received my new Averdigi Nano DVR. Have installed the HDD but having problems configuring the unit as I don't have a monitor or VGA cable! I was hoping the unit could be setup and configured via the LAN connection but all attempts at access have failed so far. I think this may be due to the LAN connection being disabled by default. Is it possible to do the initial setup via the LAN connection or must a monitor with VGA connection be attached?

I've also tried connecting through the SPOT Monitor BNC connections but again I don't think these allow any setup, just viewing of the cameras.

I'm trying to locate a monitor with VGA input but any suggestions in the meantime much appreciated.

Hi All,

Just received my new Averdigi Nano DVR. Have installed the HDD but having problems configuring the unit as I don't have a monitor or VGA cable! I was hoping the unit could be setup and configured via the LAN connection but all attempts at access have failed so far. I think this may be due to the LAN connection being disabled by default. Is it possible to do the initial setup via the LAN connection or must a monitor with VGA connection be attached?

I've also tried connecting through the SPOT Monitor BNC connections but again I don't think these allow any setup, just viewing of the cameras.

I'm trying to locate a monitor with VGA input but any suggestions in the meantime much appreciated.

Hi Andy. if you have installed the HDD with no monitor and you have switched on and not followed the on screen set up ............ you will need to re format your HD before you can use it again in the dvr.

Thanks.

That's not a problem. Can easily reformat. Just need to get to the setup. I'll look for a monitor.

you cant format it on the dvr ......... it has to be taken out again. when you first start up the nano it goes into HD set up .......... with you not having a monitor connected you have missed the set up and you will only see the HD set up screen again if you install a new HD or one that has not been in the dvr before.

According to the manual you can format the HDD at any time through the settings menu. Regardless formatting outside the box is not an issue.

Thanks.

That's not a problem. Can easily reformat. Just need to get to the setup. I'll look for a monitor.

you cant format it on the dvr ......... it has to be taken out again. when you first start up the nano it goes into HD set up .......... with you not having a monitor connected you have missed the set up and you will only see the HD set up screen again if you install a new HD or one that has not been in the dvr before.

Not sure why you stated this as its not correct. I sourced a monitor this afternoon and connected it all up again. All you have to do to format is select setup, system and then click Add underneath hard drive selection. That allows you to format the drive without problem. System all up and running now without removing the HDD.

Thanks.

Not sure why you stated this as its not correct. I sourced a monitor this afternoon and connected it all up again. All you have to do to format is select setup, system and then click Add underneath hard drive selection. That allows you to format the drive without problem. System all up and running now without removing the HDD.

i started it just so as you know you mist the initial start up screen . which you first get when you switch the dvr from new. but as you had no monitor attached you mist it. ........... so know you have to manual set up your dvr settings.

Thanks. It's all sorted now but I was slightly concerned that to do complete the setup the HDD would have to be removed whereas it's very easy to format from the settings menu.

The only other issue is whether you can view the DVR from a MAC? Have searched the MAC APP store but can find nothing from Avermedia for the MAC. The iPhone app works well but it would be nice to have native support within a browser which doesn't utilise activex.

Thanks. It's all sorted now but I was slightly concerned that to do complete the setup the HDD would have to be removed whereas it's very easy to format from the settings menu.

The only other issue is whether you can view the DVR from a MAC? Have searched the MAC APP store but can find nothing from Avermedia for the MAC. The iPhone app works well but it would be nice to have native support within a browser which doesn't utilise activex.

it will have mac software in a few weeks. and also the same monitor screen that you have is also comming for the iphone