Just a quick "warning" to all out there that plan on using Avermedia. As far as the server software running on Win7 it is fine but there is a real mess with how IE and Remote Counsel "don't work" properly.

- you have to run the software as an administrator, which is not bad if it's a one time thing, but it has to be used each time

- from IE the ActiveX downloads everytime you logon BECAUSE the process on the Win7 client side is not working properly. I get a language error..........I get popups with nothing but question marks in it, and this repeats EVERYTIME I log on win a Win7 or Vista laptop.

- If you download and use Remote Counsel you can actually get around IE somewhat BUT if you use the Event Log you'll get the language error popup again....

- I did contact Aver and to my surprise the "snenior tech" actually did not have a Win7 or Vista machine to check my findings....duh!

- I do appreciate that Aver answered the phone but I am amazed that Aver did not do any testing on the Win7 & Vista platforms.....IMHO Aver did a industry "nono".

- I've been patient but Aver has not impressed me with this one. IF there is a fix or a special do this and that thing I need to do Aver should have that on record.

waiting on a fix and/or any help for the forum........I'm not bashing Aver.I love the product, I am just warning all to have Aver demo it on your laptop BEFORE you commit to a client who has nothing but Win7 & Vista. You'll go crazy trying to explain it to your clients....and more crazy reloading the darn thing....

Just a quick "warning" to all out there that plan on using Avermedia. As far as the server software running on Win7 it is fine but there is a real mess with how IE and Remote Counsel "don't work" properly.

- you have to run the software as an administrator, which is not bad if it's a one time thing, but it has to be used each time

- from IE the ActiveX downloads everytime you logon BECAUSE the process on the Win7 client side is not working properly. I get a language error..........I get popups with nothing but question marks in it, and this repeats EVERYTIME I log on win a Win7 or Vista laptop.

- If you download and use Remote Counsel you can actually get around IE somewhat BUT if you use the Event Log you'll get the language error popup again....

- I did contact Aver and to my surprise the "snenior tech" actually did not have a Win7 or Vista machine to check my findings....duh!

- I do appreciate that Aver answered the phone but I am amazed that Aver did not do any testing on the Win7 & Vista platforms.....IMHO Aver did a industry "nono".

- I've been patient but Aver has not impressed me with this one. IF there is a fix or a special do this and that thing I need to do Aver should have that on record.

waiting on a fix and/or any help for the forum........I'm not bashing Aver.I love the product, I am just warning all to have Aver demo it on your laptop BEFORE you commit to a client who has nothing but Win7 & Vista. You'll go crazy trying to explain it to your clients....and more crazy reloading the darn thing....

i have only seen this once before. and it has nothing to do with aver software. so you are getting on the remote viewer were you list your dvrs chinese lettering yes ??? and also when your pc has called for active x you get ??????????

sit back and have a think. were you input your dvr in the remote ........ is not part of the software all you are doing is inserting ip and port number .... you are inserting that info nothing is comming from the software. your active x command should read avermedia technologies ltd as the licence. if you are not getting that then you also have a problem.

the problem you have is malware its looking at keystrokes and active x commands. first run a full active x removal tool then run a good anti-virus software then re install your remote viewer or cm3000

also remember you are having problems only with the pc you are logging onto your dvr with. not with the dvr its self

thanks for the reply.

new dell out of the box so it's unlikey that it is or was malware. happening on more than one PC despite other pc's with XP on them.

called tech support and the rep told me he went home and tried it on his friends latop with WIN7 and it had the same problem(s).

I'm not just jumping in front of the bus here........I've been doing this for awhile and it's not justa single problem on a single pc.

what's up with the "run as administrator" thing anyway? I'm logged in as the administrator, duh! Oh, that's right, windows new software is like having a wife..they keep asking you questions they already know

called tech support and the rep told me he went home and tried it on his friends latop with WIN7 and it had the same problem

tech support should have also told you the same. use a active x tool remover. and reinstall. also on your remote viewing software are your controls at the bottom or up the right side of the screen.

what activex removal software are you talking about? They did have me delete the wecamX file in the download folder but that did nothing.

on the bottom...............I know the software will load them to the right side if it is a wide screen.

I also downloaded the remote counsel via the webtools and installed that. When I click on the event viewer it does the same "install_language" stuff.........

My overall comment is; it should work better than it has without any "run as administrator" stuff. Be it the OS or Avermedia............it's Avermedia's place to get it right if they want me to keep selling and installing it. Other DVR manufactures seem to be able to make it work without all the headaches.

Anyone else out there running it on Win& or Vista? comments?

what activex removal software are you talking about? They did have me delete the wecamX file in the download folder but that did nothing.

on the bottom...............I know the software will load them to the right side if it is a wide screen.

I also downloaded the remote counsel via the webtools and installed that. When I click on the event viewer it does the same "install_language" stuff.........

My overall comment is; it should work better than it has without any "run as administrator" stuff. Be it the OS or Avermedia............it's Avermedia's place to get it right if they want me to keep selling and installing it. Other DVR manufactures seem to be able to make it work without all the headaches.

Anyone else out there running it on Win& or Vista? comments?

no the software dose not move it to the right or botton depending on the screen ....... one is old software and the controls on the right is new software. so you will have conflict with active x

you keep saying its avermedias fault...... this is your personal computor that you are using to remote log on to your dvr. your admin rights is on your pc not on avers software. all you need to do is use the active x tool remover. then install your remote software ..... your pc will only ask you once for admin rights and once loaded it will be on your desk top and it will not ask you again for admin rights.

I have the "newest" off the USA web site....Or is there another web site to download from?

and, are you talking about the IE browser window or the Remote Counse? Which one will the aver controls be on the proper side IF I have the best software? Oh, I'm running 7.7.0.0055 SP3 My server has the controls on the rightside......the clients are not. Do I uninstall the server ActiveX or the client side? we are zipping back and forth and the info is not precise....

and, you keep mentioning a activeX uninstaller...........where is it located? Maybe Avermedia should have it on the download site?

:? I have the "newest" off the USA web site....Or is there another web site to download from?

and, are you talking about the IE browser window or the Remote Counse? Which one will the aver controls be on the proper side IF I have the best software? Oh, I'm running 7.7.0.0055 SP3 My server has the controls on the rightside......the clients are not. Do I uninstall the server ActiveX or the client side? we are zipping back and forth and the info is not precise....

and, you keep mentioning a activeX uninstaller...........where is it located? Maybe Avermedia should have it on the download site?

Hi VST active x removal tools can be found on the internet. it will remove your active x controls from avermedia (or any other unsigned ) then you are best logging into the dvr and down loading the remote console from there.

I appreciate your input but when you say it's available on the intenet that leaves about 1 million places to look. I'm not going to use a removal tool that I think might work. I'd like to see the link you have used......on a Win7 platform, or I am not interested in trying it.

I learned a long time ago that advice is somewhat helpful only if the details within are specific. You are generalizing the ActiveX removal "tool" and my gut instinct is that you've not used it yet on a Win7 Pro system?

I'm not going there unless we have a theroy that has been tested. I've been told to do this and that by very helpful techs out there and in the end I had to rebuild my stuff........

again, this is a NEW laptop from Dell....can it be that hard?

I appreciate your input but when you say it's available on the intenet that leaves about 1 million places to look. I'm not going to use a removal tool that I think might work. I'd like to see the link you have used......on a Win7 platform, or I am not interested in trying it.

I learned a long time ago that advice is somewhat helpful only if the details within are specific. You are generalizing the ActiveX removal "tool" and my gut instinct is that you've not used it yet on a Win7 Pro system?

I'm not going there unless we have a theroy that has been tested. I've been told to do this and that by very helpful techs out there and in the end I had to rebuild my stuff........

again, this is a NEW laptop from Dell....can it be that hard?

VST. i have been tech support for 7 years install and sold every avermedia that has ever been made (pm sent to you so as you can check with avermedia)

the problem you have is a simple fix 10mins max. you have downloaded a activex remote console from a website and not direct from your dvr. (which is the best way) now for you to install a new remote client then you have no other option but to delete the old (problem one) first other wise you are just overwriting it.

if you dont want to use a active x removal tool then remove it by hand. untill you have done this you will not fix your problem.

you sould always now what active x controls are on your pc and at least do a check on them once a week.

i know you say your dell is brand new ............. but that is when you are more likely to get problems remember it has been sitting in a shop for weeks or months in a box with no windows updates or virus updates.

removing by hand. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/154850

not questioning who you are...................questioning the fix.

like yourself I've done this before so it's not that hard. open box, turn on, setup Windows, allow pc to update FIRST.....bla bla bla

and, when I first install ANY aver I do it via the server.......this is where I ran into the first problems. I ran as admin, enable ActiveX install, added to trusted, and then entered IP address of the server................wham! "install_language_2009326.exe" popup error followed by some other jibberish ??????. The problem has not gotten better. Aver did a tech support via phone and we delete webcamX, reloaded, restarted, and more. Still no joy! I even tried another server I have out there and it still came back with the same errors.

There is a conflict somewhere.........I've built and installed over 100 of these things and it's not new to me......I am just looking for anyone else out there that has this issue and knows of a fix.

Your link to remove is NOT for the Win7 OS since the verbage and instructions don't jive with the scren shots from Win7.

Heck, I'll let you remote in via teamviewer if you'd like......to my laptop if you'd like.

not questioning who you are...................questioning the fix.

like yourself I've done this before so it's not that hard. open box, turn on, setup Windows, allow pc to update FIRST.....bla bla bla

and, when I first install ANY aver I do it via the server.......this is where I ran into the first problems. I ran as admin, enable ActiveX install, added to trusted, and then entered IP address of the server................wham! "install_language_2009326.exe" popup error followed by some other jibberish ??????. The problem has not gotten better. Aver did a tech support via phone and we delete webcamX, reloaded, restarted, and more. Still no joy! I even tried another server I have out there and it still came back with the same errors.

There is a conflict somewhere.........I've built and installed over 100 of these things and it's not new to me......I am just looking for anyone else out there that has this issue and knows of a fix.

Your link to remove is NOT for the Win7 OS since the verbage and instructions don't jive with the scren shots from Win7.

Heck, I'll let you remote in via teamviewer if you'd like......to my laptop if you'd like.

what port do you use.

port 80 on http..all the normal aver ports.

avers dont use port 80. anymore you dont use port 80 to call for remote or webviewer only ports you should have open are 5555 / 5550 / 53 /1053/ and pos 5051 and 9999 if you use talk back you dont direct your dvr to port 80

I can set it to any port I want.....and it works fine.

Hi VST. why dont you just try the option i have given you. you have come on with a problem . just try it.

and port 5550 is important. CM3000/remote console/ iphone/android are all reliant on that port. port 80 was taken away from manuals back in 2008.

all you have to do is first remove all aver active x from your pc ... you have a bad active x control that needs to be removed. (this is why the text does not make sence) then login to your dvr with http:// yourip:5550 it will then take you to webviewer and it will ask you to allow active x click allow admin on your pc will ask you to allow. once all your cameras are up you then click on install remote console on the right. it will ask you again to allow. let it all load then close everything. you will see the remote icon then on your desk top. right click on it go to properties and click compatibility and in that window you will see a box allways run as administrator. job done.

Rory,

thanks..........I'll see where it takes me. I ran the averlite real quick and it gives me a connect server fail so I'll need to copy the files into proper folders? Remote counsel works fine except for the initial login "network" popup....the icons overlap each other....I tried all my resolutions but still loads that way. your averlite is fine on all screen shots.

Tom....I reaallly know all that stuff. I CHOOSE port 80 and it works on iphone & android because I program them on port 80 also.....not that hard to port around, if ya know what I mean.

I think the biggest issues is the language pack error I get when I run IE. This also pops up when I use Remote Counsel and try to view the log file.......error won't go away. and I CAN't download RC from IE because of this error......

The ???? issue is gone.............

any idea why I get the lnguage error?

There is a language setting in the registry, should be language 9. this is where it is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DSS\Remote\System\

Change the value of Language to 9

Or just delete the entire DSS section and run the Remote Console again and it will recreate it, unless you have some messed up locales on your PC it should be 9.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DSS

If unsure backup the DSS registry section before deleting it.

also remote.ini is the settings file for the skin, so if the skin images are messed up maybe remove that and replace it with one in my zip above.

And I dont even use the Avermedia DVRs anymore

but i still have 1 client using one so tested with that.

we seem to be going in two directions here. the software language settings have nothing to do with it. he has the remote screen up in english its a problem when he enters text in the add DVRs .... location / ip number / port number. when you first insert the text its fine. when you close the software or shut pc down and re log into remote cliant the text he inserted has changed to something that looks like Chinese. and as he is inserting the text (not from the software) then its something on the pc. we have seen this before. just use a active x removel tool or remove them by hand run a good virus software and reload.

Tom, THERE IS NO ACTIVEX removal tool. You sent me instructions from Mircosoft but those are for not for a Win7 pc. Removal Tool? You make that sound like there is a Avermedia exe program ready to run........if there is one I can'r find it.

Seen it before? Call aver and tell them so they can get this in the "fix". They acted like I my problem was new and that they had no clue?

How do I remove ActiveX manually? Aver told me to delete the webcamX file in downloads........then log back onto the server to reinstall all.

I'm a teamview ready to go if anyone wants to try this without my attitude:)

Tom, THERE IS NO ACTIVEX removal tool. You sent me instructions from Mircosoft but those are for not for a Win7 pc. Removal Tool? You make that sound like there is a Avermedia exe program ready to run........if there is one I can'r find it.

Seen it before? Call aver and tell them so they can get this in the "fix". They acted like I my problem was new and that they had no clue?

How do I remove ActiveX manually? Aver told me to delete the webcamX file in downloads........then log back onto the server to reinstall all.

I'm a teamview ready to go if anyone wants to try this without my attitude:)

VST you keep saying tell aver..... it has nothing to do with there software at all ............. this is on your personal computer.. not on there dvr. tech support is for there dvrs not your pc.

i have posted how to fix your problem (10min max)

we seem to be going in two directions here. the software language settings have nothing to do with it. he has the remote screen up in english its a problem when he enters text in the add DVRs .... location / ip number / port number. when you first insert the text its fine. when you close the software or shut pc down and re log into remote cliant the text he inserted has changed to something that looks like Chinese. and as he is inserting the text (not from the software) then its something on the pc. we have seen this before. just use a active x removel tool or remove them by hand run a good virus software and reload.

well if he uses what i posted above in the links, he wont ever need to input it there, it comes from the registry.

rory he still has to insert text for each dvr he wants to remote view. this is not a password problem for the software .......... its inserting text for each remote dvr he logs onto it were the problem is.

rory he still has to insert text for each dvr he wants to remote view. this is not a password problem for the software .......... its inserting text for each remote dvr he logs onto it were the problem is.

Like i said, he can use the above I posted which lets him enter it into a settings file and then he can make multiple copies of the main folder if he wanted for each DVR, as it is based off settings from the registry.

rory its a complicated fix plus your altered software is 3 years old looks nothing like that now. but even if he did it still does not stop his text turning to chinese. i can send him new software no but his text will stll change to chinese. if he loads geovision software and switches on and off that also will show chinese when he puts his own text in the boxes. nothing to do with software ........ its his pc.

rory its a complicated fix plus your altered software is 3 years old looks nothing like that now. but even if he did it still does not stop his text turning to chinese. i can send him new software no but his text will stll change to chinese. if he loads geovision software and switches on and off that also will show chinese when he puts his own text in the boxes. nothing to do with software ........ its his pc.

its simple to use, easier than doing it in the software plus it auto logs on .

anyway .. oh yeah also the software is not altered,

rory he can make 100 copys of your software posted or install the new remote cilent. the text will still change. he need to remove all avers active x commands.