rory he can make 100 copys of your software posted or install the new remote cilent. the text will still change. he need to remove all avers active x commands.

he mentioned remote console, thats what we are talking about right? Okay there is a slightly newer version I checked it out and its basically the same. As for CMS3000 that is aweful I hope you dont mean for him to use that? Anyway doesnt sound like he has one of the latest dvrs, what model is he using?

yes we are talking about remote console. rory the remote console he has both on the new and old he gets the same problem. there is only one place that he needs to insert the ip address of his remote dvrs. it will work fine for him when first loaded ....... but if he switches of his pc and back on and goes to the ip addres it has changed to what looks like crazy chinese lettering.

we have only seen this once before it took 3 days to find the the problem it was malware on his laptop spyware looking for passwords. run Mcafee fixed the problem.

and rory remote console and CMS3000 are no were near the same nothing like each other.

and rory remote console and CMS3000 are no were near the same nothing like each other.

I know, I just had the displeasure of using CMS3000.

rory thats because you only used the basic CM3000. which is limited so lets hear what your problems were and we can do something about it. not had anyone complain about the CMS

I'm not trying to slam aver, but, this is a dell i5 new and it did not workie firstie timeeee. Had I built this pc and wrote the software........sure, it be my personal problem pc. but, I just connected just like my clients like to and it was not "easy" or "pretty".

I'm just trying to help aver see it.......before it backfires and I start to buy different dvr's......

I have 3 pc's right ow that all have the language popup problem.......so the 10 minute fix is now 30 minutes......

I'm going to do some nascar....................thanks to all for your help. I'm not sure how to fix it............or if it can be fixed. Ive unloaded, reloaded, remove webcamx, and more and it's not happy. I do get a video screen so it does 80% of what I need it to do.

ya ya?

I'm just trying to help aver see it.......before it backfires and I start to buy different dvr's......

VST. there is nothing for avers to see............. its your pc .... no aver cards no aver cctv system on it its your pc that has malware.

I have 3 pc's right ow that all have the language popup problem.......so the 10 minute fix is now 30 minutes......

does this not give you a clue. on all you PCs same network

we cant talk about the quick fix till the cows come home. i posted the fix in my first post.

VST which version of remote console are you using?

When you click on setup there is a language drop down, does that not do anything or not show up at all? Its on all 3 versions I have here. And by the way the older versions are much better, older the better, much faster and less GUI hanging.

rory thats not true. if he uses a old one out of his dvrs range it will not work at all. rory the remote software comes from the dvr when you login. that way you get the one for that software.

and the new remote is the fastest yet.

rory thats not true. if he uses a old one out of his dvrs range it will not work at all. rory the remote software comes from the dvr when you login. that way you get the one for that software.

and the new remote is the fastest yet.

I have 3 versions of remote console here, 2 came from Avermedias site for specific newer DVR models, the other came from an older EB1304, all have the language drop down. Chief its all the same software, same API. But the newer versions GUI is just slow slow slow. I use remote software for tons of DVRs, Im not making this stuff up, I tell it like it is, the 2 older versions are much faster than the newer one including how long it takes to just open up and load the video, the oldest versions is overall the best most stable fast one out of all 3.

rory its pointless to argue with you ........... first the software you put up in your post was 3 years old and now your talking about the eb1304 thats 5 years old. and as far as the new remote its not on avers site. also a 3rd remote software imatrix.

you keep saying use the old software its much better . it depends if it sees his dvr.

Hi

I'm pleased to find this post.

I've just bought an Avermedia EH1004h nano and am having similar issues. I'm running Windows 7.

I can't get "Remote Console" to function at all. It just doesn't boot up, no error messages, just nothing.

When attempting to get remote access via IE8, I get different behaviour depending on whether I run IE8 in admin or non admin mode.

If I run IE8 in admin mode, I get 2 errors indicating that the files install_Language_20090326.exe and bmp_20080423.exe cannot be found. After this, the application loads okay and I can see the camera connected to the DVR. I also get the controls around the camera which allow me to take a snapshot etc..

If I run IE8 in non admin mode, I get a pop up asking me to install 'Install_WebCam_Bmp.exe'. If I allow this to be installed then I get further pop ups with lots of ????? marks in them. However, eventually I get to see the remote camera but without the controls around the camera.

Anyway, I sent an e-mail requesting help from Avermedia just before finding this post. Haven't had time to try anything suggested in this thread .... it's getting late here !

Am really pleased with my new hardware but the interface with Windows 7 does seem unreliable. Think that the great hardware is let down by the web interface.

Hope that the iPhone interface is better.

iphone works great......app is view only and hopefully that will be improved.

Aver will fix it I am just surprised that they have not addressed this yet. I guess this is an example of different technologies that are moving forward but neight waits for the other.

I also contacted Aver with "some" help but no specific fix or even worse, no projected fix. Hopefully they get it in for updating and the interface works better. I don't have a fix nor have the ones listed here worked.

Thanks VST

I tried connecting to my AH1004 nano on an iphone 3 today. As you say, it works great.

I also tried connecting to my DVR using an old lap top running Windows XP. Using this XP machine, Romote Console installed and ran (Windows 7 machine doesn't run) and the viewer used with Internet Explorer also ran without problem (Windows 7 machine generated errors). Also, I noticed that the XP machine was a lot faster in loading the camera image.

I hope that Aver come up with a Windows 7 fix soon. Am thinking about returning my DVR although I'm not sure what I would get instead.

Windows 7 has been around since 2009 so if a fix was going to be released then wouldn't it have been available by now.

Aver is slipping. In the past they were the ones to keep pace with. The new 4 & 8 channel series are pretty nice but they skimped on some features that the older stuff had. ie. able to include 3 snapshots with the email as sent via alarms. I wish Aver would stop reading these posts and actually answer up as to what they plan on doing to fix it? But, sooner or later they will becasue as mor complain................they will react to save face.

One thing i this industry. All manufactures AND resellers never admitthat thier baby is ugly. They always redirect and hod off. The actual users are the test beds and how the users react to new products is how they react. We are in a reaction type market that is driven by consumers thirst for more better stuff. If it odn't work with Win7 at the time of release they can always fix it later, right?

I will also hold off on any purchases until I get my system working like it should. I can't sell it knowing that a potiential bug is lurking in the shadows.

TomCCTV.....Rory has a extremely long and proven record on this forum. Lay off on trying to point out smaller issues. Nobody gets paid zip on this forum and you need to chill. Rory has helped many way before your time so you'd be best to be a part of the solution and not a part of the problem. A USMC Commandant was quoted saying that.....so there! Makes sense, eh?

TomCCTV.....Rory has a extremely long and proven record on this forum. Lay off on trying to point out smaller issues. Nobody gets paid zip on this forum and you need to chill. Rory has helped many way before your time so you'd be best to be a part of the solution and not a part of the problem. A USMC Commandant was quoted saying that.....so there! Makes sense, eh?

VST. i have not in any way had a go a rory ... so dont even start that. i have been part of your solution from your first post. but if you wish not to do what avers asks then you will not see a solution.

Thanks VST

I tried connecting to my AH1004 nano on an iphone 3 today. As you say, it works great.

I also tried connecting to my DVR using an old lap top running Windows XP. Using this XP machine, Romote Console installed and ran (Windows 7 machine doesn't run) and the viewer used with Internet Explorer also ran without problem (Windows 7 machine generated errors). Also, I noticed that the XP machine was a lot faster in loading the camera image.

I hope that Aver come up with a Windows 7 fix soon. Am thinking about returning my DVR although I'm not sure what I would get instead.

Windows 7 has been around since 2009 so if a fix was going to be released then wouldn't it have been available by now.

Hi davox. your nano will have come with the remote software on a disk. have you downloaded that. if you wish to get it from the DVR in windows 7 then first you have to close all running programes on your pc. then right click internet explor and then log into your dvr as http:// your ip :5550 and it will load

also you can do a quick test http:// your ip :5550/mobile and you will get stills on your pc

avers failure with Win7 is an example of something they know about but won't address/fix. it should not be this hard.............and if it is then it's time to move to easier software/DVR hardware. I just had another client call and ask why his win7 won't run right....duh! and the new android app is bad.......displays all the analog cams but won't show the IP cams.....odd? but, the previous app worked fine. I wish I could reverrt!

oh, maybe it works if you run it as admin, tweak 10 settings, and then pray as it loads?

Aver needs to fix it or they will loose more confidence from us. I've offered aver my dvr to test with, look at, and whatever they want and they just don't try. That tells me it's time to go somewhere else.......I'm tired of being treated like a "subject". I've purchased many aver products in the past and some are starting to show wear and require upgrades.....too bad for Aver as I won't buy it anymore....I can't spend all my time answering client questions.

oh well, I've been in the biz for 8 years and I've seen them come and go.......

Anyone found a fix? I'm having the same language errors on my windows 7 test machines and on client's.

Vista and XP seems to work without any hiccups...

updated to 127, the resluts are pretty much the same. some pc's will run it, some won't, issues are many.

- remote console loads and shows video but all the gui's are grayed out.

- 127 loads with IP camera patch 106 even though 111 is out?

- remote console dl under 6480e is linked to another file?

- remote console link/dl is old.....Oct 2011

Concerning the 1000 series

- nice box, but, you can't use the isetup tools to do remote config. so if your planing on remoting that nice little fanless box to somewhere nice and lonely, you'd better make sure it's setup right the first time.

- no snapshot feature under email alert. just a email.

Avermedia is a good low budget solution, but, the methods in which they develope software to support the platforms sold is beyond me.

- Do they test it before they relese it or do they consider us the test?

- IP camera patches are also a mess. newer ones causes issues with older camera's. I bounce around patches to get the combo I can live with.

- tech support is almost a waste of time

5108/6108 series

- don't buy it. they suck! The 100 series is better. Aver advertise them as 8 channel hybrid but I just sent back a unit I had 8 IP camera's on it and it melted it....sorta. kept crashing. It's junk in my book. I ordered (2) 1004's to replace it. I know they work.

Again, if your low budget...Aver is fine, but, you'll be the front line tech support and problem solver. If you have a budget, get Video Insight or another Coorporate level system as the quality software & support is worth the money spent.

Aver, if your listening, you need to collector your multiple software developers and ask them to talk to each other. It's obvious that the software releases are not well developed or tested. But, my guess is that your plan was for us to test it from the begining since I've seen this complaint time and time again and you've continued down that road based on sales numbers alone.

Just a update. If you don't agree.........explain to me how to overcome the issues above.

Snapshots work, but you must configure on the box... for some strange reason on iSetup the option is greyed out.

iSetup works, but not for everything like user setups.

I have work around for issues on clients... If its one of the troublesome PCs, do not try to downlod RC from site via IE.

Download/ install copy of RC. You can get a copy from Aver's FTP or I have a copy in my Dropbox that I made a public link to if you want me to send it. Works great without any issues if you do this way.

Thanks to all for the replies. I'm after cleaning up the little things that Aver continues to overlook. If Aver actually listened and possibly asked someone like myself to install and test firmware I'd do it to help but.............it's thier product.

I still like Aver but everytime I think they released a fixed version it tuns out to be a better looking one with more bugs.

Thanks again.

I'm not a user of the Aver product, but after trying to make various IP camera finder utilities, etc. work in Win7 with limited luck, I have since started using XP Mode in Win7 (you need Professional or above to get it).

It's a free, preconfigured virtual machine installation of XP that you can download from Microsoft here http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx, you just need enough disk space for it.

You can also link shortcuts to particular applications within the XP VM onto the Win7 desktop.

Thanks to all for the replies. I'm after cleaning up the little things that Aver continues to overlook. If Aver actually listened and possibly asked someone like myself to install and test firmware I'd do it to help but.............it's thier product.

I still like Aver but everytime I think they released a fixed version it tuns out to be a better looking one with more bugs.

Thanks again.

VST. can you see what your DVR says in top right corner of viewing screen

6000 series, Aver with the red e.

I'm running the 6480e card.

hi. are you using the new 7.7.0.0127 i dont know if its on the US website yet. it was updated and releast late december. with alot of fixers on. i.e no apps needed for mobiles iphone or BB

yes I am. also just updated the 1008 dvr to the latest and now it reloads Internet Explorer active X when going from the 1008 to the 6480e.In other words, the (2) are obviously different since IE reloads it each and everytime you switch from one to the other.

Go Aver media! Another well tested release.

yes I am. also just updated the 1008 dvr to the latest and now it reloads Internet Explorer active X when going from the 1008 to the 6480e.In other words, the (2) are obviously different since IE reloads it each and everytime you switch from one to the other.

Go Aver media! Another well tested release.

you just need to rename 1 of the remote consols if you want to run both i.e remote nano and remote nv