westtx28

Analyzing MJPEG AVI Files

I'm using Synology Surveillance Station to record images from a 2MP IP camera from a remote site and it is all working fine. I can look at recorded events on the device but I want to take downloaded MPEG AVI files and review them in the office. My problem is that Windows Media Player doesn't let me zoom in on frames or extract frames to jpeg for further analysis, printing, etc. The frames are 1600X1200. Does anyone know of software that will let me play a MJPEG AVI file and extract individual frames from the file?

I tried VLC for a while but couldn't get it to play my file properly. It just shows the first frame and acts like it is playing but the screen never changes. It does have a 'take a snapshot' feature which is exactly what I need. I wish I could get it to play. My file is just a regular MJPEG AVI file. It plays in Windows Media player and other programs I've tried.

bongofury -

GOM Player works great. Thanks a lot. It has some fantastic features. My favorite is that it lets you go forwards and backwards in the video using the keyboard's arrow keys and it lets you configure how many seconds the time jump is. It as great frame extraction features as well. This is exactly what I needed.

Thanks again