peter_m

Shoping for a new system

Hello, looking for some suggestions on DVR recorders. Last one we had was a Lorex, after spending hours passing almost 400 feet of cable and setting up the remote viewing, 1 camera died and the DVR had to be rebooted every 2 weeks... Did I mention the DVR eventually died 60 days after installing it. ^$#&@%*(((@#!!!!!!!!

Here are my needs:

-Record 6 or 8 channels in 720x480 each.

-Record on 1 or 2TB HD.

-Good support from the DVR manufacturer

-Remote viewing online on Windows, Mac and iPhone.

-4 indoor cameras capable of low light with on-board IR illuminator or mounted separately.

-2 outdoor cameras capable of low light, ready for Canadian winters.

-I have no need for alarm interconnection or audio communication.

The Lorex image quality was a joke. What budget can I expect for something reliable and capable of identifying a perp. Any suggestions for brands, models and a budget? Am located in Canada so it would be best if they have service up here.

Also, what is the advantage of going with IP cameras? Worth the money?

Regards,

Peter M

No matter what camera you use. it's upto you, but sure you can achieve this with DAHUA DVR.

Mac, iphone, online view all supported @ D1(6FPS).

No matter what camera you use. it's upto you, but sure you can achieve this with DAHUA DVR.

Mac, iphone, online view all supported @ D1(6FPS).

So where to get the so called Dahua DVR's ?

This one - http://computarganz.com/product_view.cfm?product_id=889 is one of their best...

You add the storage drives as you need them... it is embedded and self configurable. Supports D1 resolution and communication with smart phone devices.. very simple to use... and comes with full (3) three years warranty.

I am sure there are others, but for a major brand, this is probably the most cost effective.

Good luck... and if you have any questions, please let me know.