• I only use their Intrusion equipment
    • The equipment is excellently priced
    • The equipment is over priced
    • We like their DVR Products
    • We only like their cameras
    • Thier equipment is inferior
    • Their equipment is superior
    • I would use it a lot more if it was cheaper

Guys I would like to see the global feedback on Bosch Product, I realise that most of you do not use expensive gear, however I would liek some feedback ASAP.

I would also like written feedback as I cant ask every question in the poll.

Thanks Guys

Very good products DV, but no one wants to pay the premium for the BOSCH name.

Too 'spensive and the day/night cameras don't appear to have mechanically operated IR cut filters.

what ???? $875 for their newest Xf day Night 1/2 Inch camera, better have an Ir Cut Filter!! lol

Any option for "They have no sales peeps in my area so i went with ExtremeCCTV??"

To be honest, I have never even looked at using Bosch because of the prices, they send me fliers & the prices frighten me.

To be honest, I have never even looked at using Bosch because of the prices, they send me fliers & the prices frighten me.

Waahhhhh, i dont get no flyers .. whaz up ...?!! Guess dey forgot about the tird world ... Actually there is a locksmith down here that sells nothing but phillips (whoops) Bosch .. but they are locksmiths .. go figure if they know what is what with CCTV .. they work 9-5 mon-fri and thats that ... way ta push the bosch product

Hey guys,

Not sure who is giving you prices on Bosch equipment, but someone wants to make a killing on your behalf.

Have been selling Bosch (previously Philips) for over 10 years. Pricing is in-line with what all the majors are charging and much lower than Panasonic. We work with dealers with 10% margins and the pricing is much lower than you get from ADI and others.

Warranty is excellent with 3 years on most of their products except monitors and VCRs.. The quality is second to none and the customer service exceptional. This is why we sell more Bosch equipment to government agencies and military than any other product line...

We have sold system during this period and we have seen the minimal failure rates compared to others. Across the board, Bosch offers the best warranties and the best quality in existence... GE is running in second, but they are not too far away to possibly match or to pass them.

Anyone needs help to get any Bosch products, let me know. Their techical support is excellent and those boys do dlivery the goods...

Levon

Too 'spensive and the day/night cameras don't appear to have mechanically operated IR cut filters.

what ???? $875 for their newest Xf day Night 1/2 Inch camera, better have an Ir Cut Filter!! lol

Any option for "They have no sales peeps in my area so i went with ExtremeCCTV??"

After looking at the updated data sheets on the LTC 0495 and LTC 0620, they do appear to have mechanically switching IR filters. This was not clear from their earlier data sheets. The LTC 0620 looks like an interesting camera, though a little 'spensive at $515:

http://reliablecctv.com/cctv+cameras/day+%26+night+cctv+cameras/

bosch+ltc+0620%2020+camera+day%20night+1%202%22+540+tvl+

color%20bw+dsp+12vdc%2024vac+60hz

Edited by Guest

The support we get from Bosch is great, used their CCTV products on 2 jobs, not a problem but only because the customer had loads of $$ and specified bosch . We use their intrusion products almost daily, great quality and we've been using it for ages. Overall don't think the price of their products weigh up the features they're offering, support is great but thats really about it.

didnt phillips use to lease the dvr technology from kalatel, back in the day .. isnt that why phillips DVRs use to use Wavereader??

Kaysadeya,

No matter what price this camera or any similar camera is, the consenses will always state that it is on the high side... However, when you observe a tremendous difference in picture quality vs. others in the same category and similar prices, you will realize that it is priced right... If I were to tell you that I can give you any discount on this camera, I am sure you will still state that it is expensive, because you may not have an application for this type of technology...

These type of cameras obviously are not for everyone, thus it has its special applications... If you find that application and plug in this camera, you will see very satisfied customer...

Levon

Kaysadeya,

No matter what price this camera or any similar camera is, the consenses will always state that it is on the high side... However, when you observe a tremendous difference in picture quality vs. others in the same category and similar prices, you will realize that it is priced right... If I were to tell you that I can give you any discount on this camera, I am sure you will still state that it is expensive, because you may not have an application for this type of technology...

These type of cameras obviously are not for everyone, thus it has its special applications... If you find that application and plug in this camera, you will see very satisfied customer...

Levon

What are the "special applications" for this camera? If it has exceptional day/night and wide-dynamic performance, then it would qualify as a general-purpose outdoor camera.

The only way I would be able to evaluate such a camera is by spending huge $$$ of my own money. Hopefully someone who installs a lot of different cameras will be able to provide us with a review of a newer Bosch camera at some point in the future.

What are the "special applications" for this camera? If it has exceptional day/night and wide-dynamic performance, then it would qualify as a general-purpose outdoor camera.

The only way I would be able to evaluate such a camera is by spending huge $$$ of my own money. Hopefully someone who installs a lot of different cameras will be able to provide us with a review of a newer Bosch camera at some point in the future.

Im only testing Extreme/WizKid cameras now .. sorry

Im actually replacing some bosch cameras at a job with some WizKid and Extreme Vandal Domes

I really cant comment on the prices over there, we are quite cheap here, infact even cheaper than Samsung, BTW that 620 cam is 1/2" not 1/3 or 1/4 and has a mechanical filter, amplifier to get 1kilometer out of RG59 and motion detection, but mostly 1/2" would bang the price right up as it is very sensitive indeed

yep, 1/2 inch would do that .. plus id imagine the amplifier would add a couple $$ also ...

I really cant comment on the prices over there, we are quite cheap here, infact even cheaper than Samsung, BTW that 620 cam is 1/2" not 1/3 or 1/4 and has a mechanical filter, amplifier to get 1kilometer out of RG59 and motion detection, but mostly 1/2" would bang the price right up as it is very sensitive indeed

Understood. But what are the "special applications" it is designed for?

Basic special application can qualify a warehouse location with multiple roll up gates going upward during the day or night causing tremendous lighting changes as big rigs move in and out. Ordinary cameras will "wash off" the picture, whereas these cameras not only will give you a solid overall picture, but can easily filter the excess lighting or dark spots of the picture and then idenitify a person or persons with very clear background showing tremendous details on any activity.... Panasonic CP484 performs similar, but looses details in the background activitiy, as it focuses on the person, therefore does not provide overall quality of the picture you will expect..

Another application is an environment that has constant lighting chagnes - movie studios, military target ranges, government experimental laboratories and many others....

Levon

Granted... the XF wont be for everyone, because of it's price tag.. but yes its features do suit many situations.

1/ Amplification.... If you cant put an inline amp... well you dont need one with the XF.

2/ Motion Detect..... real 50fps, you may not be using a DVR so why not use the ouput of your cam to either turn something on or trigger faster recording on a DVr if you are using it..

3/ 3 modes, day/ traffic and Night, and with the trigger it can change.. for example someone turns on the lights, well you dont need night mode anymore.

4/ Bilinx, you can program the camera... upgrade the camera change all the settings ...remotely or via the coax, so you do not need to open the housing at all.

There are many more features of the XF camera but hay you dont always need one, thats why the Dinions are so cheap

i dunno, but our power went off last night island wide, and i stil had a dim orange glow coming from my light bulbs .. talk about low voltage ... had to unplug "everything" ...

do they come with voltage regulators built in??

Im 100% certain we lost alot of alarm panels, cameras, and DVRs last night .. will know more tomorrow .. :-0

Granted... the XF wont be for everyone, because of it's price tag.. but yes its features do suit many situations.

1/ Amplification.... If you cant put an inline amp... well you dont need one with the XF.

2/ Motion Detect..... real 50fps, you may not be using a DVR so why not use the ouput of your cam to either turn something on or trigger faster recording on a DVr if you are using it..

3/ 3 modes, day/ traffic and Night, and with the trigger it can change.. for example someone turns on the lights, well you dont need night mode anymore.

4/ Bilinx, you can program the camera... upgrade the camera change all the settings ...remotely or via the coax, so you do not need to open the housing at all.

There are many more features of the XF camera but hay you dont always need one, thats why the Dinions are so cheap

1) Amplification - simple, add an NVT module ..

2) Everyone is going to at least use a DVR

3) Modes - I dont trust those things, trying to make it too easy

4) Once the camera is installed properly the first time, no need to go back

Your right ... dinion is worth the $$ .. just as good as the GE and Sanyo at least

as for votes, i cant vote again ... but I know my competition down here only uses Bosch, but then again they are just a locksmithing company .. and i am taking all their customers now

1/ Agreed but then your opening yourself up to interference.. I assume you were refering to one of those balun things that can not adjust to read impedance and then adjust accordingly

2/ Thats very incorrect, in the bahamas perhaps, but once you get into some bigger projects you might want that relay for things like matrix switchers etc, kinda handy to set a macro in a control room to bring up a monitor due to relay from camera etc, yes I realise some dvr's have camera pop up etc but there are many more applications.

3/4/The modes can be changed to suit, so if you dont like the easy set up, then you can edit each mode and save them like that, and although I realise not a lot happens in Bahamas, but yeh things do change, for instance in our kneck of the world, the sun changes place during seasons, ....buildings get put up and cast shadows, functions happen in pubs, overcast days and rain occur, fog sometimes happens etc etc but yes I conceed your point, mind you looks pretty impressive when you are able to change something over the phone, customers love it.

but I guess it aint GE so it will never get the thumbs up from you..

Dinions are much better than GE in my opinion and now 540tvl with 3yr warranty.

But that is only my opinion, I am not fond of GE cameras only their DVR as I have seen quite a few failed GE cams.

Once again only my opinion and yes I work for Bosch so of course my opinions are slighted.

Regards,

GC

1/ Agreed but then your opening yourself up to interference.. I assume you were refering to one of those balun things that can not adjust to read impedance and then adjust accordingly

I wouldnt touch another balun, im talking about NVT Active UTP/Cat5 Transmitters and Receivers, which have built in ground loop protection, interference rejection, equalisation, and more.

All DVRS i have used have relay output options for motion detection (were they included motion detection as an option), besides the fact that camera or DVR motion detection is not as reliable as using real burglar alarm products, and most manufacturers will tell you this.