Sign in to follow this  
stabbi

GV 8.4 missing "Pelco Dome" in drop down list of PTZ Control

Help please. When setting up a PTZ camera, the instructions say the following:

"Under the General Settings tab, there is a PTZ Control section. 1) Check the PTZ device setup checkbox, 2) Select Pelco Dome, 3) Click on the connect button as seen below."

Problem is I only have one option, "P811", in the drop down list. "Pelco Dome" is not in the list box.

What can I do to get Pelco Dome in the list?

Thanks!

Just try one of the Pelco options like Pelco D or whatever protocol your Pelco dome is set to.

Rory, There is only one item "P811" in the drop down list. There are no other options, Pelco or anything else, to select from.

Yup... its a pain. you now have to go to the ptz add/remove area under accessories, and add the ptz you want, then go back to system to configure the settings... totally stupid

Yup... its a pain. you now have to go to the ptz add/remove area under accessories, and add the ptz you want, then go back to system to configure the settings... totally stupid

Im trying to figure out whats going on with Geovision these days .. its like they cant give their NVR software away, from 8.33 and up they removed the address book from Remote viewlog connect window, now when you click search from DM Multiview it opens Remote viewlog and opens the connect to but no address book .. I think they have lost it .. its a software company (thats actually getting paid), they should see the little details like that. And dont get me started on DMMultihell, have to connect to a DVR to actually edit/add hosts (without doing it manually in the registry)

I know man i know. Im in the same boat. Ive been telling clients "open viewlog, click the address book button" but hey with the new version its not there anymore. So now they have to CANCEL and then click the address book (because hey F10 doesnt work sometimes, they took that out also apparantly)...

Not sure what they are doing but its driving me crazy. And then half the time the old remote playback doesnt work in the new software. They include it, i configure it because some clients use it (because theres nothing for me to configure) and it doesnt work.

Why cant they just pass the DVR info onto the viewlog button like they do for eMap and multiview, its a better program for playback but i have to walk each customer through setting it up. Its a real pain

Do you need a separate controller to program presets/tours? or is there like a virtual keyboard/controller from Geovision software? My client wants to control the PTZ from his iphone so a separate controller is not needed.

I am looking at using this PTZ dome http://www.i3international.com/en/NDB100K_daVinci_Lite.html

thanks

Yes there is a virtual PTZ controller, as with most DVR software these days. Thats the reason you would be selecting a PTZ dome, is to select a protocol that will work with the PTZ

Do you need a separate controller to program presets/tours? or is there like a virtual keyboard/controller from Geovision software? My client wants to control the PTZ from his iphone so a separate controller is not needed.

I am looking at using this PTZ dome http://www.i3international.com/en/NDB100K_daVinci_Lite.html

thanks

Yes there is a virtual PTZ controller, as with most DVR software these days. Thats the reason you would be selecting a PTZ dome, is to select a protocol that will work with the PTZ

make sense thanks for the quick reply Rory