lovebohn

Remote Console Problems w NV5000

I'm trying to get the remote console working on my home LAN. I can do the web viewing fine, but when I try to view via the remote console I just get a flickering of the date and time stamp with no video. I made sure the network tab is on and the one camera that I have installed is highlighted (#1). I will do the direct draw either way with no luck to. Seems not having that on helps show the date stamp. I have tried this on the DVR PC, and two others on my network with the same problem. The video card on the DVR is an ATI 5450 running 1920x1080 if that makes a difference. I have messed with changing the resolution to a few of the more normal desktop setting with no luck to. Help!

1382813920_remoteconsole.thumb.jpg.c218e7f51b14213a3677608c6a4655db.jpg

I'm trying to get the remote console working on my home LAN. I can do the web viewing fine, but when I try to view via the remote console I just get a flickering of the date and time stamp with no video. I made sure the network tab is on and the one camera that I have installed is highlighted (#1). I will do the direct draw either way with no luck to. Seems not having that on helps show the date stamp. I have tried this on the DVR PC, and two others on my network with the same problem. The video card on the DVR is an ATI 5450 running 1920x1080 if that makes a difference. I have messed with changing the resolution to a few of the more normal desktop setting with no luck to. Help! [attachment=0]remote console.jpg[/attachment]

what do you see if you just type http:// your ip : port / mobile ... into IE

The other PC on the LAN worked fine with the mobile link to. I did have to add the IP address to the approved list on IE for some reason. No luck on the remote console though.

The other PC on the LAN worked fine with the mobile link to. I did have to add the IP address to the approved list on IE for some reason. No luck on the remote console though.

did you log in to your dvr to get the remote viewer or download it from a site.

Logged into the DVR which I assume was part of the original install when I bought it.

hi. you might have had a interruption while downloading. you are best uninstalling the remote console and starting again. either with the disk that came with your card or from this link. http://www.averusa.com/surveillance/download.aspx

also some things to try. your port. is it 5550. and also if you go into computor managment and click on your graphics card and scan for updates.

Yes, I'm almost sure it's the port 5550. Are you talking doing a full reinstall of the NV program? I'm not on the newest version since there seems to be some bugs. The remote control server is port 5555 is that correct and should the box be checked? Thanks for all of the help today.

Yes, I'm almost sure it's the port 5550. Are you talking doing a full reinstall of the NV program? I'm not on the newest version since there seems to be some bugs. The remote control server is port 5555 is that correct and should the box be checked? Thanks for all of the help today.

hi. no just the remote client software on the pc you are using to log in.

the remote port is 5550 so getting into your dvr remote it would be http://your ip:5550

The remote viewer port 5550 works fine via IE. I can't find any type of uninstall for the console though. Or is it just an icon deletion?

The remote viewer port 5550 works fine via IE. I can't find any type of uninstall for the console though. Or is it just an icon deletion?

hi its the active x that you need to uninstall.

tools / internet options / programs / manage add ons / and delete webviewer x.

then login to your dvr with port http://your ip:5550 and from webviewer download remote viewer.

Is my router blocking something? I don't think so but I'm starting to second guess now.

hi. you should have ports 5550/5555/9999/53/1053 directed to your dvr.

if you dont use talkback then you dont need 9999. and if you are not using avers ddns then you dont need 53/1053 .

so just have port 5550 directed from your router to your dvr ip.

I'm doing a PC reboot since the IPCXD10.dll did not want to install after I went back to install the x program.

Since I have about a half dozen IP related devices on my network this doesn't really go through a router, only a switch unless I try going to the internet. Maybe I'm wrong, but they all connect to the switch and then one cable back to the router.

I will post in a bit if the reboot helps.

Edited by Guest

I still can not get the active x installed on the DVR PC. I was able to remove and reinstall on another PC on the LAN and it did not correct the problem. Any ideas now? My router did seem to have all of the ports open and listed.

Any one else have some thoughts? I might have to call AverMedia if they are open past 5pm.

still looks like a break in the download. you say your dvr is going though a switch with other ip devices. you are best with the dvr in your router. and do you have handy viewer ticked.

do you have the remote viewer on disk ??

I can move the DVR PC over to the router, I just assumed pulling that out of the mix would give a direct connection between the PC's and remove one more source of the problem. I don't see an option for Handy Viewer with the remote console? The only disc I have is the install that came with the card.

I can move the DVR PC over to the router, I just assumed pulling that out of the mix would give a direct connection between the PC's and remove one more source of the problem. I don't see an option for Handy Viewer with the remote console? The only disc I have is the install that came with the card.

you will find handy viewer button ..... setup then network and its on the right lower side.

are you doing all this on a local pc or over the internet

This is all local PC's. I'm at work but can remote into the 2 PC's at home where I'm trying to get this to work and also the DVR PC that is at my house. My local ISP which is a DSL has some funky rules about opening ports so the only way I can view the DVR from the internet is through a remote access like Log Me In or Team Viewer.

This is all local PC's. I'm at work but can remote into the 2 PC's at home where I'm trying to get this to work and also the DVR PC that is at my house. My local ISP which is a DSL has some funky rules about opening ports so the only way I can view the DVR from the internet is through a remote access like Log Me In or Team Viewer.

sorry lovebohn. am getting a little confused on what you have. if you are at work and trying to log in then its not local. is you dvr/pc dedicated to just your cameras ???

it sounds like you have to much going on with your network.

when you are at home on the pc that has the avers card in. remove all links to services like log me in and tean viewer. then plug your dvr direct into your router and not your switcher. do you have a static ip ??? then when you are back at work on your work pc log into your system as http://yourip:5550 now this is the webviewer so you should get a full screen with your cameras once you have said yes to the active x command.

To help clear this up, the PC's are all local. I login through a third party remote access program when I'm not at home. Nothing to do with the DVR when I say "remote" only the PC side of things. So I control the PC like I'm sitting in front of it, not with the DVR programs.

To sum things up I never did change any of the settings around last night. I closed out the DVR program and tried going into IE via the 5550 port. The active x program installed fine this time. Must have been an issue with the application being running. When that worked I went to another PC on my LAN. The same problem happened from the remote console icon, no video. I didn't see any setting to mess with but right clicked on the screen where the video should be playing. I noticed it had settings of high, normal, low and auto. The high one was checked and I went to normal and the video played fine. The low setting also worked but not auto or high. I wonder if this is a CPU or video card issue with the DVR PC. So in the end I did not see any problems with my network it must be a hardware issue not handling the FPS setting?

Thanks for all of the help....I'm sure I will find another problem in the near future.

aahhhh. Third party remote access may not allow you to see the cameras. Because they use their own overlay method, it may not send the overlay data fro AverMedia. Try this with AverMEdia's remote login. You should be able to see it then. Logme-in does not show you the camera images, for example. And a third party remote app is not really a way to remotely view you cameras efficiently.