atxray

bad quality pic

helloo all,,

when i make remote connect to the DVR (in my company) from another location and take life snapshot.. the quality for the pic is realy bad like in these pictures,,

any one knows what is the issues affect to the remote connection or the reason of this bad quality,,,

thanx alot.

DVR1.PNG.ce2a3b5968adf6f125852e5754c79381.PNG

DVR2.PNG.f5a62edfa1432e65c60e55ff2fddde2c.PNG

Looks like you are only connected with low colors for faster connection..

you would need to set the colors higher.

i have one dvr like this.looks good in the monitor but when see from the lan is very bad quality.this is because the dvr still have very bad compresion over lan

What program or method are you using to connect to it?

The pictures you post look like the results you get when you use a screen sharing/desktop sharing protocol (RDP, VNC, etc.) and either have a very low connection speed and/or have the settings configured to overly compress the image stream.

He's using TeamViewer (VNC-based). And yes, you are correct, it's insufficient color depth. The default setting for TV quality is "Auto select", and it's probably detecting a slow connection or a LOT of data (which is what happens when the entire screen is refreshing constantly).

In the TeamViewer menu bar (at the top), click View -> Quality -> Optimize Quality - that should improve the picture, but it will GREATLY slow down the screen redraws. You can aid this a bit by making sure you have the latest version of TeamViewer on your DVR (you can force a remote update from the Extras button on the menu bar), and then enabling the "monitor driver" feature: click the system tray icon on the remote machine, click Options, go to Advanced, click "Show advanced options", scroll down to "Advanced network settings", and click the Install button for "Install monitor driver".

i have one dvr like this.looks good in the monitor but when see from the lan is very bad quality.this is because the dvr still have very bad compresion over lan

helloo...

well if the reason as u said.. so do u know how can i solve this issue plz,,

thanx in advance..

Regards ☺

What program or method are you using to connect to it?

The pictures you post look like the results you get when you use a screen sharing/desktop sharing protocol (RDP, VNC, etc.) and either have a very low connection speed and/or have the settings configured to overly compress the image stream.

the DVR is connected to the network.. and i am connecting to it from outside.. in fact our network infrastructure is not that good.. so am suffering in remote connection.. i used to connect to any computer in the company using TeamViewer 6.. and from that computer i open the DVR and so..

He's using TeamViewer (VNC-based). And yes, you are correct, it's insufficient color depth. The default setting for TV quality is "Auto select", and it's probably detecting a slow connection or a LOT of data (which is what happens when the entire screen is refreshing constantly).

In the TeamViewer menu bar (at the top), click View -> Quality -> Optimize Quality - that should improve the picture, but it will GREATLY slow down the screen redraws. You can aid this a bit by making sure you have the latest version of TeamViewer on your DVR (you can force a remote update from the Extras button on the menu bar), and then enabling the "monitor driver" feature: click the system tray icon on the remote machine, click Options, go to Advanced, click "Show advanced options", scroll down to "Advanced network settings", and click the Install button for "Install monitor driver".

am not sure if i can install the Teamviewer direct on the DVR,, is there any specific way to install it on the DVR or just connect it to any PC and install?

and yes am using the latest version of teamviewer and i set the Quality option before.. is the internet speed affect on the quality ??

thanx alot

am not sure if i can install the Teamviewer direct on the DVR,, is there any specific way to install it on the DVR or just connect it to any PC and install?

Hmmm, okay, on second look, I see what's happening: you're running a web client for the DVR on a remote PC, and then viewing that PC via TeamViewer.

That is really convoluted and doesn't really help matters, but the gist of the problem remains: TeamViewer is scaling down the color depth to accommodate the slower connection. In this case, you'll want to install TeamViewer's monitor driver on the remote PC (the one that the web client is running on).

The ideal solution, of course, is for your "outside" PC to connect directly to the DVR...

and yes am using the latest version of teamviewer and i set the Quality option before.. is the internet speed affect on the quality ??

Yes: TeamViewer will determine the speed of your connection and adjust the quality downward to accommodate a slower connection. It normally tries to balance speed with quality, but the option will let you select a preference for one or the other.

thanx alot

helloo..

i installed the moitor driver ,, and the presentation is optimize quality,, but the same bad quality..

but when i make remote access localy ( from inside the company ) its clear with good quality.

any suggestions guys plz

thanx alot.

Your ideal solution is to set up the company's router or firewall, to forward the necessary ports (these will vary depending on the exact DVR) to the DVR itself, so you can connect with a browser from outside, directly to the DVR, instead of remoting into a computer inside and then connecting to the DVR from there.

"Optimize quality" does just that - it optimizes, but it doesn't force maximum quality. If the connection is too slow, it will still have to make concessions on quality for things to be usable at all.

i did set up the router to forward the necessary ports, but i dont know how can i connect direct to DVR from outside.

thanx alot

Increase the resolution of the pc on which u r viewing the cameras on remote location. i.e increase the bit rate of the system 16 bit to 32 bit.

i did set up the router to forward the necessary ports, but i dont know how can i connect direct to DVR from outside.

thanx alot

Then you would connect to your company's "outside" IP address. Easiest way to get this is, when you're at work (or remoted into the work computer), go to http://www.ipchicken.com - that will display the "real-world" IP address of the company's connection. From outside the company then, you would point your browser at that address.

helloo

@ Soundy: my external ip is dynamic, keep changing.

@ abhay: its already 32bit.

thanx alot

Then you need to either talk to your ISP about getting a static address, or sign up with a dynamic-DNS service like DynDNS.

Oh... and setting your color depth higher won't help - TeamViewer is still scaling it back, apparently to 4-bit (16 color) mode. Changing the color depth on the machine you're remoting into won't make one whit of difference.

helloo

for now ill try to go with dyndns,, and we'll see.

ok i have another question.. what if i have VPN ??? it will be the same ??

appreciate ur efforts,

thanx alot.

VPN can work as well - if you're connecting into your work network via VPN, you should be able to enter the DVR's IP address directly into your remote machine. There is additional overhead on the connection, so if you have a slow connection, it may slow it down even more, but it should work.

hello

i realy appreciate ur efforts.

for now ill try the DynDNS, and ill post the what i get. ill follow the steps and i hope it will work.

thank you so much.

best Regards.

helloo

its working with dyndns and the quality is very nice.

but i have 2 observations :

1- its too slow and take much time to show up. increasing the bandwidth solve this problem?

2- i have 2 DVR , i configured the router DDNS settings for the one of them.. now if i want to access the other DVR, should i change the DDNS settings and configration again ??

thank you soo much.

Regards

helloo

its working with dyndns and the quality is very nice.

YAY!!

but i have 2 observations :

1- its too slow and take much time to show up. increasing the bandwidth solve this problem?

If the DVR gives the option, you may be able to decrease the video quality (higher compression, lower resolution) to get a smoother remote stream. Other than that, higher bandwidth is the only real fix.

2- i have 2 DVR , i configured the router DDNS settings for the one of them.. now if i want to access the other DVR, should i change the DDNS settings and configration again ??

Is the second DVR on the same LAN as the first (ie. are they behind the same router/firewall)?

helloo )

yes YAY !! its working ☺

and about the second DVR,, yes its on the same network behind the same router.

thank you very much