Sign in to follow this  
Lindopski

Avermedia SA5108 Recovery Disk

Hello All

I have a problem with an Aver 5108 unit, someone -(domain admins) have put the unit onto our network domain.

I think this happened when the hostname was changed to something more suitable than AVER782QZZ4353X11 or whatever it was set to before.

Doing this however they have angered the unit and it now asks for an Administrator password each time it boots up.

Its not our usual admin password so I thought perhaps AVER have a standard embedded password that crops up.

I asked the domain admin to log in and it booted up fine,if I log in with tech access it doesnt boot just moans about me not having enough rights etc.

and runs SN telling me that the DVR type isnt recognised or some such message.

I log out / he logs in and it works again perfect... so

is there a standard AVER password that I can just put in after any reboots/generator tests etc or do I need to recover the unit to factory defaults in which case I will need a disk as our supplier only ever hands out the utils disk as they want the business (wisely) of doing all the restores for the customer.

What do you Aver experts recommend

FYI I have tried the passwords 8888 and 111111 that I have seen mentioned in the past on other AVER units but no dice.

Hello All

I have a problem with an Aver 5108 unit, someone -(domain admins) have put the unit onto our network domain.

I think this happened when the hostname was changed to something more suitable than AVER782QZZ4353X11 or whatever it was set to before.

Doing this however they have angered the unit and it now asks for an Administrator password each time it boots up.

Its not our usual admin password so I thought perhaps AVER have a standard embedded password that crops up.

I asked the domain admin to log in and it booted up fine,if I log in with tech access it doesnt boot just moans about me not having enough rights etc.

and runs SN telling me that the DVR type isnt recognised or some such message.

I log out / he logs in and it works again perfect... so

is there a standard AVER password that I can just put in after any reboots/generator tests etc or do I need to recover the unit to factory defaults in which case I will need a disk as our supplier only ever hands out the utils disk as they want the business (wisely) of doing all the restores for the customer.

What do you Aver experts recommend

FYI I have tried the passwords 8888 and 111111 that I have seen mentioned in the past on other AVER units but no dice.

sounds like you are only going into guest log in. (set up on install) what comes up on the screen when you first start-up

Hello Tom

on first starting up it comes up with the usual bios checks etc

then it loads up what seems to be an XP standard login prompt

Username : Administrator

Password : this is blank and it wants something sticking in there

If I login using my domain tech account it continues / pops up with a USB install request - for the keyboard I think and then displays a system prompt telling me that SN had a problem identifying the DVR or something then sits on a light blue xp background style screen doing nothing for hourse.

revert back to the login screen - login as a domain admin and it boots up into the DVR server software and works as it would normally.

The built in Admin account no doubt would do the same but the embedded administrator account has a password set - presumably by Avermedia.

If I had the recovery software I would just roll the thing back to factory default and start again, but I dont think we have a copy as the supplier witholds the disks and charges for this service.

its like having a PC but if windows messes up you have to send it back to microsoft to get it fixed - its putting me off Avers I have to be fair.

Hello Tom

on first starting up it comes up with the usual bios checks etc

then it loads up what seems to be an XP standard login prompt

Username : Administrator

Password : this is blank and it wants something sticking in there

If I login using my domain tech account it continues / pops up with a USB install request - for the keyboard I think and then displays a system prompt telling me that SN had a problem identifying the DVR or something then sits on a light blue xp background style screen doing nothing for hourse.

revert back to the login screen - login as a domain admin and it boots up into the DVR server software and works as it would normally.

The built in Admin account no doubt would do the same but the embedded administrator account has a password set - presumably by Avermedia.

If I had the recovery software I would just roll the thing back to factory default and start again, but I dont think we have a copy as the supplier witholds the disks and charges for this service.

its like having a PC but if windows messes up you have to send it back to microsoft to get it fixed - its putting me off Avers I have to be fair.

getting a disk to you is not a problem. were are you based on the wirral.

if you get the normal viewing screen. go to setup then system and in the top right you have admin rights. i.e log in standard (no passwords) or just press f1 on your keyboad and post the software and ill give you the latest updated.

Cheers Tom,

I work in Upton but live in wales.

Ill have to get the network admin to login when I catch hold of him

it wont let me

Cheers Tom,

I work in Upton but live in wales.

Ill have to get the network admin to login when I catch hold of him

it wont let me

pm sent.

After some faff and research I think I have this one figured out.

Its not the aver software that is cheesed off - its the DOM in the SA5108.

I need the default admin password for the XP install on the DOM (disk on module) to fix it.

Is this supplied or an Aver secret? as this would be the quickest fix

Is it possible to wipe the DOM and start again with a fresh install of XP this time using our standard company tech password, install the NVR software on top of that fresh XP install and then attach all the cameras?

The SA series are pretty much a PC in a box with a few cameras attached that write to HDD all year round but we dont usually send the pcs back to the manufacturers when XP/vista/7 fouls up hence if I can fix it myself I would rather

After some faff and research I think I have this one figured out.

Its not the aver software that is cheesed off - its the DOM in the SA5108.

I need the default admin password for the XP install on the DOM (disk on module) to fix it.

Is this supplied or an Aver secret? as this would be the quickest fix

Is it possible to wipe the DOM and start again with a fresh install of XP this time using our standard company tech password, install the NVR software on top of that fresh XP install and then attach all the cameras?

The SA series are pretty much a PC in a box with a few cameras attached that write to HDD all year round but we dont usually send the pcs back to the manufacturers when XP/vista/7 fouls up hence if I can fix it myself I would rather

Hi. no i have the dom software here for the sa. that is what the DOM is the xp runside. the problem that you might of had is once the dvr is set up you should remove the c/drive (dom) away from the Hard drive path. to stop it being writen too.

install time for DOM and system is 30mins. no you cant install a full xp onto the sa.