Sign in to follow this  
andy74

Arecont AV8365 and AV8185

Hi.

I just sold few of these cameras, but i have not ever used those before. Any opinion, good or bad picture quality?

Does these take 4 ip camera licenses or only 1 when connected nvr?

Thx.

Hi Andy

I've seen working pictures of AV8360's, they are a neat camera.

Licencing depends on the NVR or VMS that you are using, we use DVtel & these cameras now only require one licence.

hope this helps.

Hi.

I just sold few of these cameras, but i have not ever used those before. Any opinion, good or bad picture quality?

Thx.

So you sold some of these and you have never used one before?

Hi.

Thx.

Could have been an order of... I would like x amount of camera y. No need to sell someone on something else if they're already set on what theyre buying.

Hi.

Thx.

Could have been an order of... I would like x amount of camera y. No need to sell someone on something else if they're already set on what theyre buying.

Meaning you don't now how they will work if you have never used one. Could be a big mistake if you don't know how many license you need for your VMS.

Possibly... but no different than someone ordering a steak at a restaurant from a vegetarian waiter/tress.

As I was saying... if someone has called up and said "I would like 4 Arecont 5155DNs or 10 Vivotek IP7361's etc... then all he has to do is order it.

It's obviously a new camera for him hence why he's asking now, after the orders have been placed.

I agree with that they should know about the licenses on the VMS though.

I'm useing Qnap nvr and sold them big enought nvr (VS-8024) for this case, because customer needed 8 hdd slots. So, it is not so big issue how many "camera input" those will take. I dont have to buy extra "ip licenses" with this NVR.

I have used Arecont cameras before, but not those models. My customer with this case has a big terminal hall and he was very happy when i told him there are also cameras like AV8185 and AV8365. Those will fit perfect if picture quality is ok.

I just dont have money and time for test all new models

I have an AV8180.

With the right NVR its see very good. I have a problem trying to get work with avermedia software, with this software i can only get 2 FPS and the camera can get up to 5.5FPS at 8 MP.

I try with a demo of milestone software and it looks very good.

Thanks!

Hi.

Thx.

I've used both, great pictures, easy to install and use.

They come into the nvr software as an encoder with 4 cameras basically, but if you tell whoever your software people are that it's one dome with multiple cameras to get a 180/360 view they should only charge you for one camera license but give you four. This has been my experience with a few different software vendors and these types of cameras anyway.