Looking to replace a cheapo ebay card with something new. I have 4 cameras at my job and would like to buy something that is more stable. I only wanna spend about $150 but would like to have something I can view on my Droid phone or home computer. I would spend more money but the card,computer is in a remote location where someone can break in and the police wouldn't get there till 15+ minutes on a good day from when the alarm goes off. My two main questions are is 30 fps to little for 4 cameras? cheap ebay cards appear to jumpy for me. I would like to stick with a card with good motion sensor setting and one that contains alot of features. Any ideas?? Thanks Mike.

All my company uses is Avermedia we normally only do 32Ch systems but I would recommend Avermedia NV3000, I would like to know the computer setup to make sure that it will work perfectly though. Also I have a bunch of lightly used and working Geovision 8CH and 16Ch cards. which is a great brand I just prefer Avermedia. If you have any more questions let me know!

is 30 fps on the nv3000 with 4 cameras gonna be jumpy? I like viewing it live and dont like seeing a jumpy picture?

30FPS each channel is plenty for all the manufacturing facilities my company does we actually turn it down to 11FPS and I almost always see perfect FPS running across I mean if your watching people walking and cars pulling up that will be more than enough now. guarantee you will most likely turn the frames down because to the human eye we most the time can't tell the difference from 15 or 30. Here is a example for you http://www.panasonic.com/business/security/demos/PSS-recording-rates.html Now 30FPS for all 4 channels would be like 7 1/2 FPS and that it noticeable but that card is 120FPS.

I think the NV3000 is 30FPS total unless im reading it wrong?

30FPS each channel is plenty for all the manufacturing facilities my company does we actually turn it down to 11FPS and I almost always see perfect FPS running across I mean if your watching people walking and cars pulling up that will be more than enough now. guarantee you will most likely turn the frames down because to the human eye we most the time can't tell the difference from 15 or 30. Here is a example for you http://www.panasonic.com/business/security/demos/PSS-recording-rates.html Now 30FPS for all 4 channels would be like 7 1/2 FPS and that it noticeable but that card is 120FPS.

I apologize what I was writing and was thinking were to different things I was meaning to say the NV5000 not sure why the 3000 came out. If you have trouble finding a good deal on this card let me know I can see what i can get you it for through being a dealer.