I have one of these cards.. I'm running 16 Analog cameras, we either want to upgrade the existing cams from analog to HD IP cameras, or add additional IP cameras.

That said, do I need a second card to add IP cameras? Seems a little silly to have an interface card with nothing plugged into it.

Also, what are people recommending for outdoor HD IP cameras?

Edit: I realize i just posted this in the wrong forum, please move if needed.

If you want to add IP cameras you will ether need to add a 16Ch card to make that hybrid DVR a 32Channel or you will need to subtract analog cameras, and add the IP cameras.

Avermedia tried bringing in just licenses instead of the cards for the IP cameras which were essentially USB flash drives with the license on it but the cost was about the same as the cards without the option of analog so they decided to discontinue/ pause that idea till it can be more of an option that would be worth buying.

If there is any other questions you have PM me. Avermedia is all my company uses and we love Avermedia. Also I could recommend some IP cameras but lets be honest price is everything pm me what your planning on spending on each camera and will suggest one to you.

Hello i have that card combining IP cameras and analog cameras and, yes the IP cameras will take channels.

I have a problem with my IP camera i have an AV8180 and it can only record 1 or 2 FPS, i try with other demo software like milestone and i can get more FPS than with avermedia.

I dont know why this limitation occur, can you please help me?

Thanks!!

Hello,

I have that configuration with max resolution at 1600x1200 Mjpeg per channel. i i cannot get more FPS.

I have an arecont AV8180. one strange thing is if i connect only 2 channels i can get more FPS but when i connect 4 channels i can get only 1 or 2 FPS.