Sign in to follow this  
trophyman

Another nube

Greetings All,

I've been lurking for a few weeks and decided to join because the amount of info in these posts is incredible! I truly appreciate all the “experts” as well as seasoned novices here that are willing to share their knowledge. I participate in several other forums as an expert so I know the value of your participation here and thank you in advance for your contributions.

As with many that come here I am interested in learning about CCTV as I love DIY. I understand that the professionals here do this for a living so I do not wish to “wear out my welcome”.

Thanks Again,

Pat

You are welcome here Pat, I have learned a lot on her and contributed a little. Yes the pros are on here

some of them get a little shirty when you suggest something they don't approve of but they don't mean any harm.

Really they are a seriously well experienced and deal with equipment most of us amateurs can only dream of.

One of the gripes the pros on here have is people trying to do things with cameras that weren't designed for the job.

In a way I agree, if you want a camera to do a specific job, you need to invest in a camera that is designed for the job and not try and work around with something thats not. Fine with commercial customers, they should pay for the correct euipment, but us amateurs and DIY'ers can't always justify the expense of special cameras.

Never the less, I have had some excellent advice and learned a lot I might otherwise have spent years finding out.

The Pros are very generous with their advice and I have read some excellent posts on here. Good DIY skills are helpful too.