bpzle

Avermedia Apps

Aver has released a new version of Android and iPhone apps. Stability is an issue, if it works at all. Multiple servers, multiple phones exhibit these issues.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I would like to rollback to previous versions, but don't have copies. I'll speak with Aver's support first thing on Monday.

mine will display some IP cams and others not via remote?

Good luck with Aver and support. Unless your BIG and have 1000 clients calling Aver..they won't try to fix it. Aver support is extremely happy to answer the phone but they have yet to conquer, or even care to conquer, the last few issues I've had with the recent "updates". Most times the tech support will tell me that they can't do anything about it, it's another department that handles that, ect. If it's a operator malfunction they are quick to let ya know your stupid.

I can't attest whether or not they will try and fix everything but I'm not even a surveillance professional and they have been very good about responding to my emails and questions. I'm an end-user.

Maybe actual requests to fix bugs is different but I was impressed with the service and attention considering I'm not buying many products from them.

I've been installing Aver for years and this is the first issue I've run into that Aver admits but has no answer for. Tech support actually told me that it happened to them and that they don't know why.......which I can live with as long as they fix it. But, until more start using Win7 this won't be a isue.......but it will become one

What OS are you sing? Try it with Win7..............it's a PITA

I've been installing Aver for years and this is the first issue I've run into that Aver admits but has no answer for. Tech support actually told me that it happened to them and that they don't know why.......which I can live with as long as they fix it. But, until more start using Win7 this won't be a isue.......but it will become one

Not very excited to hear that. I've built but haven't tried hooking up my new server I built; A xeon processor, 2 NV6480 cards and Windows 7.

Haven't had much success using the Android App but I may not have the router, etc configured properly.

Not very excited to hear that. I've built but haven't tried hooking up my new server I built; A xeon processor, 2 NV6480 cards and Windows 7.

Haven't had much success using the Android App but I may not have the router, etc configured properly.

hi. ICUUCME. aver cards have no problem being used on windows 7 at all. but the APPs are port reliant. for iphone and android you ports need to be 5550.

hi. ICUUCME. aver cards have no problem being used on windows 7 at all. but the APPs are port reliant. for iphone and android you ports need to be 5550.

Thanks Tom.

Curious. Have you used Tiny Cam Monitor for Android app?

EDIT*

Just accessed my Aver DVR (NV7000H) using Tiny Cam Monitor via 3G network on Sprint (which is horrid) but only camera 1 showed. Tried accessing the DVR with Aver's Android app but wouldn't connect. Don't know if it would be different if accessing via wireless broadband.

There are two apps of aver's on android market.

I have been using the the first one experiencing occasionally lock up on my Droid X. I think it's due to sometime 3G connection dropped or slow and that's when it locks up.

They have recently released a newer version this month.. It feature multi screen of 4x..so far no lockup..

Both version does not feature playback

hmmm...any reason why they released a totally different app for this new version? why not just update the existing version?

it sounds like they totally revamped their method to grab video on newer dvr models to make them more mobile efficient otherwise i don't see why they would this something like this. unless they really just outsource the mobile apps and they never got the source code from the first company or changed outsource mobile dev company and new one didn't want to pick up where the old one left off.

i can't really see any other reason to make 2 different apps like that. we do mobile apps and when we added multichannel view it was still the same app. just a newer version. strange that they did that (make 2 different apps).

what's the new app called? i'm curious to see what they are doing in the new one.

new aver droid app works fine. hasn't crashed yet...

however pay $5 and get the ip cam viewer from the market. MUCH better app. also, if you forward any IP cams and connect directly you get full rez (even digital ptz) with a matrix screen up to 9 channels at a time. you can even email the guy who made the app and he'll add protocols if you give him temporary access to your camera. only took him about 2 weeks to get back to me with one camera. however, the supported list is huge so what you want is probably already supported. some cams have supported i/o features.... there's even a recording feature.

new one is called averviewer. yes so far its never lockup plus ptz works. i just installed geovison on another location its my first geovison . im still learning in and out but cant wait to do the compairison.

i spoke too soon., the first app is called dssviewer. i checked the market and saw the update so i just updated 2 seconds ago and now its the exact same thing as averviewer.

hmmm...any reason why they released a totally different app for this new version? why not just update the existing version?

the new app had to many new features to just do an update.

PTZ control on screen / multiple images / and recording from stream

I did figure out why my Remote Console login had a odd looking (compressed) look to it. The Display settings were set to 110% and once I changed it to 100% (Default) the login looks fine now. It had also effected my DirectDraw and viewing recorded video....neither worked. After I set the display to default all was happy.

I still have a issue with the language error message on a few PC's but I suspect those will have to wait for PC replacement.

The new android apps works great now...............outside the fact that I have to press the Login button 10,000 times to get it to enguage. How funny is that? Guy who wrote the software must have tiny skinny fingers.

Hay Avermedia.........put this "fix" into your FAQ's. You should have figured this one out months ago.

Tested the latest Android App... outstanding! Kudos Aver...

Reliable. PTZ works. Playback works great too! Although, have yet to get anything above 1.3MP to playback. Possibly a limitation?