andyh747

Help with Averdigi Nano EH1008-4

I've had an Averdigi Nano DVR for a couple of weeks now and need some help with optimising the system.

I have the DVR connected via VGA cable to an Iiyama Prolite 17" monitor. I also have a TV connected to one of the SPOT monitor outputs. The issue I have is twofold. Firstly the quality of the picture on the monitor. This is disappointing and the picture quality is grainy and pixilated. However the picture quality from the SPOT monitor output is perfect. This is a composite signal output so I guess this is why the quality is so much better? However I would have expected a much better quality from the VGA connection. Is there any way to improve this quality?

The second issue is with what gets displayed via the SPOT monitor output. I have the output cycling through each camera at present and this displays on a remote TV. However there appears no way to pause the footage on one camera or display all cameras on the screen as a split screen display. It's useful to be able to pause on a particular camera so that you can monitor the situation. I know you can adjust the time each camera is displayed for but this doesn't give the control I need. The quality of the output from the SPOT monitor output is superior to that from either the VGA output or over the LAN so it's the best for display on a TV screen providing crisp clear images rather than grainy pixilated images. So the question is can you control what is displayed via this output?

Thanks for any help.

hi. you need a wide screen monitor with the nano. if you are just using a standard 17in then your image will not fitt.

if you have a tv with VGA. you could use a KVM and split your output of your vga and run a cat5 to your tv that way you will have full control on local monitor and also your tv.

hi. you need a wide screen monitor with the nano. if you are just using a standard 17in then your image will not fitt.

if you have a tv with VGA. you could use a KVM and split your output of your vga and run a cat5 to your tv that way you will have full control on local monitor and also your tv.

I'm not sure what you mean by the picture doesn't fit. The output seems to fit the screen ok but the quality is poor. Is this what you mean by not fitting?

Using a KVM is one option but would then involve a VGA to CAT5 converter. I've seen some monitors which have VGA input and a BNC output which could then be fed to the TV via CAT5 and baluns.

Can you confirm that the quality of the VGA output should be as good as what I'm getting from the SPOT monitor output?

I'm not sure what you mean by the picture doesn't fit. The output seems to fit the screen ok but the quality is poor. Is this what you mean by not fitting?

Using a KVM is one option but would then involve a VGA to CAT5 converter. I've seen some monitors which have VGA input and a BNC output which could then be fed to the TV via CAT5 and baluns.

Can you confirm that the quality of the VGA output should be as good as what I'm getting from the SPOT monitor output?

yes the vga should be alot better. in the last month we have installed 14 of the nanos. 2 of which are on 32in monitors. do you have a large tv. just try your dvr in that see what you have. but you do need better than just a standard 17in monitor.

Thanks Tom.

We're in the middle of a new build so haven't a large TV yet as we're living on site with most of our stuff in storage! However I do have a small LCD TV with VGA input.

I've been looking at the specs on the Avermedia monitors vs the specs on the Iiyama monitor I have and I honestly can't see why the quality would be so much different between the two. The screen size is the same, the resolution is the same and the type of display is the same. The specs for my monitor are here:

http://www.iiyama.com/gb_en/products/prolite-e1706s-1/#specification

I could understand a slight reduction in quality but the output on my LCD is very poor in comparison to the output from the BNC SPOT connection on the TV. Doesn't make sense.

Have you any recommendations for suitable monitors which ideally would have BNC outputs as well as VGA inputs? What are the Avermedia Touch range of monitors like? Any other touch monitors compatible with the Nano?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks Tom.

We're in the middle of a new build so haven't a large TV yet as we're living on site with most of our stuff in storage! However I do have a small LCD TV with VGA input.

I've been looking at the specs on the Avermedia monitors vs the specs on the Iiyama monitor I have and I honestly can't see why the quality would be so much different between the two. The screen size is the same, the resolution is the same and the type of display is the same. The specs for my monitor are here:

I could understand a slight reduction in quality but the output on my LCD is very poor in comparison to the output from the BNC SPOT connection on the TV. Doesn't make sense.

Have you any recommendations for suitable monitors which ideally would have BNC outputs as well as VGA inputs? What are the Avermedia Touch range of monitors like? Any other touch monitors compatible with the Nano?

Thanks for your help.

Hi andy. avermedia touch monitors are good if used with the CMS software or the SA dvr/nvr but for the cost i would just stick with a good wide screen.

i will post you a link to my supplier for monitors. £60 19in hanspree 5 years warranty.

Thanks Tom.

Thanks for your help.

Hi andy. avermedia touch monitors are good if used with the CMS software or the SA dvr/nvr but for the cost i would just stick with a good wide screen.

i will post you a link to my supplier for monitors. £60 19in hanspree 5 years warranty.

Perfect Tom, many thanks. Look forward to getting the link.

I've now tried the DVR VGA connection on a large LCD TV with VGA input and I have to say the quality is NOT as good as that fed directly from the SPOT monitor output. The picture from the SPOT monitor is crisp, clear and akin to what you get from the camera if plugged directly into a monitor bypassing the DVR. The VGA output on the other hand is slightly grainy with loss of crispness and colour rendition. It's good but when compared against the SPOT output this appears better.

It's just a shame there's no control over the SPOT output except speed of rotation of the images.

Use alarm function to control spot out.

Also, the spot out video feed is unprocessed.. simply switched. This is why the images appear clearer vs network or vga. This is true for most dvrs with spot out.