andyh747

PTZ Camera

I'm thinking of fitting a PTZ camera for a home setup. It would be mounted at the bottom of our garden on the garage. I know I could use fixed cameras but like the idea of PTZ for 'playing'!!

I have been looking at the Concept Pro VHSD-810EXT which is a CNB camera but branded as Concept Pro in the UK. Any comments on this camera, good or bad? The camera will be connected to a Averdigi EH1008-4 Nano DVR.

In terms of RS485 connections can I use CAT5e to connect the comms from the camera to the DVR. The distance is around 50m from the garage to the DVR in the house.

Thanks in advance.

I'm thinking of fitting a PTZ camera for a home setup. It would be mounted at the bottom of our garden on the garage. I know I could use fixed cameras but like the idea of PTZ for 'playing'!!

I have been looking at the Concept Pro VHSD-810EXT which is a CNB camera but branded as Concept Pro in the UK. Any comments on this camera, good or bad? The camera will be connected to a Averdigi EH1008-4 Nano DVR.

In terms of RS485 connections can I use CAT5e to connect the comms from the camera to the DVR. The distance is around 50m from the garage to the DVR in the house.

Thanks in advance.

the concept is the only ptz we use . in 3 years sent 2 back. as for as connecting to your dvr. it is a direct connection. (on back of your dvr last 2 on the green strip are for ptz control) just set both dvr and ptz to 2400 so you have control over with moblie phone. only problem videcon are trade only.

Thanks in advance.

the concept is the only ptz we use . in 3 years sent 2 back. as for as connecting to your dvr. it is a direct connection. (on back of your dvr last 2 on the green strip are for ptz control) just set both dvr and ptz to 2400 so you have control over with moblie phone. only problem videcon are trade only.

Thanks. Luckily I have a trade account with them.

For a mere 50m, you should be able to run video, control, and power over a single Cat5e (especially if it's using 24VAC power vs 12VDC).

For a mere 50m, you should be able to run video, control, and power over a single Cat5e (especially if it's using 24VAC power vs 12VDC).

Thanks Soundy.

I think I'll run the video & control over a single CAT5 but power the camera locally from the garage supply.