gtxkid

Best camera you will ever use for the money..........

I have bounced arround a lot on working with camera's.

There is no way you can beet this camera for the money. Under 200.00

It does everything well.

We have 300 to 400 of them out there.

Just wanted to share with you guys.

Cool feature is WER

I had a lot of before and after but i droped my MacBook Pro Last sat night while working at a correctional facility.

I see one reason I wouldnt use it, no 0.35 gamma setting.

Another reason would be the built in IR in that style of dome.

Otherwise the specs are decent, same as most dual voltage cameras these days.

I see no information on the Infrared distance though, that would make me move onto the next camera when looking to buy a TDN IR camera.

Gamma goes from .7 to .45 if i remember corect.

They are a 1.2 amp camera so i have had to use power supplys to cover this.

Yes but they swap Like for Like and then keep the old HD.

So i just bought a new HD and kept my old one.

Saved a little off of it so far.

800.00 is what they charge to send it in to a clean room for data recovery.

The fail rate has been 1 out of 100.

I had 1 stuck on B/W and one would not go into menu setup.

They have been great.

I will have to think on the IR some, i realy have not noticed a problem.

They do have same camera without IR that you can buy

Now i am curious why not buy it with IR.

Works great for me.

Teach me something, i need to learn why.

They do have same camera without IR that you can buy

Now i am curious why not buy it with IR.

Works great for me.

Teach me something, i need to learn why.

The cameras with built-in IR usually just have a few cheap T 1 3/4 sized LED's. These are effectively unfocused, they just spit IR out the front (mostly). The distance is going to be very limited (almost never more than 30ish feet, despite what might be claimed). Dispersion will suck also, so you'll get bright spots in front of the camera and very dark edges. Also, IR LEDs create heat. Heat attract insects. Insects attract spiders. Spiders build webs, and now you've got a mess in front of your outdoor camera.

A separate IR illuminator (Illuminar and Raytec being my favorites) are a purpose-built illumination device. They use high-power SMT LEDs, and will arrange the LEDs so that there is a controlled or defined (predictable) dispersion pattern. You purchase units of various size/power to match to your application and to the field of view of the camera. You can mount the illuminator away from the camera, so that insects are not drawn to the camera, and so that your illumination is closer to the target (when possible).

Higher-end illuminators also have options to vary the power/intensity of the LEDs, either through network control, a potentiometer or a serial control.

Edited by Guest

The fail rate has been 1 out of 100.

Not talking about physical equipment failure...

As BRK points out, there are numerous problems with built-in IR. Here's an example of the IR attracting bugs... and where bugs gather, so do spider webs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v979Jn1Z6z0&feature=related

In most cases, cameras use built-in IR because they have poor low-light performance... good low-light function costs money, but adding a few cheap IR LEDs adds very little to the cost and lets you sell a "night vision" camera for next to nothing. Here's an example, from a local retailer: http://www.rpelectronics.com/electronic-components-parts/opto/led-ir

16mW, 5mm IR LEDs, 10-pack for $11... or about a buck-ten each. And that's retail - a camera manufacturer buying wholesale in bulk is probably paying about 10-20 cents each... so under $5, they can give their cheapest cameras "night vision" and add $30 to the price.

This is not to say all cameras with built-in IR are crap... but that does tend to be the case in general.

Thus, built-in IR = automatic fail.

And that's retail - a camera manufacturer buying wholesale in bulk is probably paying about 10-20 cents each.

2 cents. Also, the power outputs varies somewhat significantly device to device. So, not all 30 cheap IR LEDs are created equal.

I think its strange that the company selling these cameras operates out of a UPS Store? i just googled their address in Pasadena California.

I have bounced arround a lot on working with camera's.

There is no way you can beet this camera for the money. Under 200.00

It does everything well.

We have 300 to 400 of them out there.

Just wanted to share with you guys.

Cool feature is WER

I agree. Sometimes you see a charming price. When you really get it, you may be in a trouble.

They are a no name knock off.

Why ask if you are in CHINA.

I thing you can get anything there you want a lot cheeper than us here in the United State's.

They are a no name knock off.

Why ask if you are in CHINA.

I thing you can get anything there you want a lot cheeper than us here in the United State's.

cause its a subtle way for them to get extra search engine exposure to the links in their signature. Admin has to work on that by the way

Thanks cctvikegata but we are very happy with these camera's and do not want to look at anything else right now.

Sold 2 more camera jobs today.

We do more than anyone else in town.

Word of mouth here has traveled so much that we can not keep up.

Thanks