hello all,I don't know if anyone has their camera on a window sill,but I've recently been recording footage through the night,with the camera on the window sill facing the glass window. Unfortunately,when it's dark,a white glow from the camera is reflecting off the glass,then the recording is just a white glow. The camera I'm using a N35CX

n35cx-1.jpg

Your advice most appreciated

Paul

Put the camera outside.

Even without the IR, you'll still get reflections from any other light in the room.

Thanks Soundy. Yes putting it outside would be the best option,it's having the cable placed through the wall. I should have done a google search beforehand,as there is another tip of placing the camera flush against the window.

Thanks Soundy. Yes putting it outside would be the best option,it's having the cable placed through the wall. I should have done a google search beforehand,as there is another tip of placing the camera flush against the window.

How were you planning to plant it flush against the window with that cover?

You are always going to have a problem with the IR reflecting, unless you disable that and get it outside.

Then placing it not at an angle helps. Here are two pics of someone in our yard, one at at angle and you can see the internal reflections.

493700721_Picture4.jpg.5248d2a95553e73402f6f8257564e024.jpg

532394633_Picture5.jpg.d925e7ee5eb096866bf7af7e0af3a44b.jpg