Sign in to follow this  
hknls

IE8 doesn't show DVR pictures

I have 4 channel DVR (Viscoo DVR4124).

I can connect remotely to de DVR with loginname and password.

When i choose for IE View, Internet Explorer asks me to install the ActiveX (DVRemoteax.cab - EnviewTek Co Ltd).

I accept this en he installs the activex. After intall i get a black screen with a blue block in the middle of IE.

I can't view the DVR. This happens also on a XP machine.

When i connect with my Nokia to the DVR i can login and get the DVR on my screen. This works fine.

I have Windows 7 Professional laptop with IE8.0.

Have anyone else the same problem?

you may need to install missing drivers into your computer. it may be a service pack or something of that nature.

Evertything works fine. Only DVR Remote view has problem.

I have installed all Codecs but problem still exists.

All drivers are up to date.

I have the same problem, different DVR but it installs the same cab file you mentioned. I have tried from 2 different PCs, Windows 7 and XP and not able to get any images, let me know if you managed to solve this. I wonder if there is an update to the firmware that might fix this. I have tried both methods to view, cab installed via browser and also downloading the remote view software, both connect ok but no images

Check to make sure your security settings arent blocking an activeX control attempting to run or a java script or applet of some sorts, sounds like it might be your problem, are you able to try with firefox or chrome or any other browser to see if it works? This will help determine if it is the computer or a browser setting.

I know some of you said you use XP so this wont be a problem but if you use Vista, try turning off UAC as sometimes that will hang it up.

check for Compatibility mode as well.

some old ActiveX controls only work in IE8 within compatibility view only.

IE8 -> Tools -> Compatibility view.