Colm

wireless networking

hi all, see when you put the DVR in the roofspace is there a wireless option off sending the network cable to the hub/router downstairs? thought I seen something for it one time not sure

hi all, see when you put the DVR in the roofspace is there a wireless option off sending the network cable to the hub/router downstairs? thought I seen something for it one time not sure

Hi netgear do a good little unit . Netgear Powerline AV Ethernet Adapter XAV101

small-1.jpg

small-1.jpg

Tomcctv, do you think this device would work if the dvr is in a different building then the router? In this setup the customer has a farm with several sheds. All of the cameras & dvr are setup in one shed, but the internet connection is about 50 away across from it. The customer is thinking of digging a and running the line to the shed, but I wanted to see if we could do something else..

small-1.jpg

Tomcctv, do you think this device would work if the dvr is in a different building then the router? In this setup the customer has a farm with several sheds. All of the cameras & dvr are setup in one shed, but the internet connection is about 50 away across from it. The customer is thinking of digging a and running the line to the shed, but I wanted to see if we could do something else..

hi. yes that will do the job. but there is nothing better than hard wired if your custom is willing to dig then thats the best way to go. i would run a few cat5 and coax for later use.