rebar

Need a dome camera without the guts.

New here.

I work in my garage with the door open allot. Motorcycles, tools etc. I don't like to close the door every time I step inside. Nice neighborhood, but I did have a ladder stolen from the side of my home once.

Iv been searching for outdoor dummy dome cameras and found a few but they don't state that the dome is glass. I know eventually a plastic dome will turn milky or hazed and give it away. I want to buy the real thing except without the guts. A led isn't necessary.

Anyone?

Why not check with some local installers or even suppliers and ask if they have any dead dome cameras kicking around? Something WITH all the guts will look even more real. Most would probably be happy to just give you a couple - means they don't have to haul them to the recyclers.

Just watched a documentary today and the data collected from prison interviews confirmed what I already knew. Home burglars generally don't care about cameras, real or otherwise. Cameras rank near the bottom of their list of concerns. I use wireless outdoor motion sensors around my home with a voice announcement inside the home that tells me when someone is in the driveway or near the front door, etc.

Best,

Christopher

Iv been searching for outdoor dummy dome cameras and found a few but they don't state that the dome is glass. I know eventually a plastic dome will turn milky or hazed and give it away.
You're not going to find any dome with a glass bubble, afaik. It is impossible or very expensive to make optical-quality glass in a hemispherical shape.

Yeah, nothing wrong with a plastic bubble anyway... just as long as it's not cheap plastic, like you'll find on $5 cameras (dummy or otherwise).

hi,

that is called dunny camera

once in hongkong fair a company who next to our booth is manufacturer this ting.

very attractive and looks as like real.

even have dunny high speed dome

i don't know if i should type their website here?

Its called a "dummy" camera ...

I rather like "dunny camera" instead. Dunny being Aussie slang for outhouse. Call it the "Sh****r Cam"

hi,

that is called dunny camera

once in hongkong fair a company who next to our booth is manufacturer this ting.

very attractive and looks as like real.

even have dunny high speed dome

i don't know if i should type their website here?

am i wrong?

No. It was just a typo error letters M and N are right by each other

No. It was just a typo error letters M and N are right by each other

Not on a chinese keyboard?