RichTJ99

IP cam doesnt look any better via android application?

Hi,

I bought a BL120D & I have started playing with it. I do like that it looks better than my crappy 60 dollar ebay bullet cams. It does have a ring of IR so lets see how they look in a year or so of NY weather.

I was hoping that the IP cams would show a better image via android/iphone - mobile apps. The quality isnt there (maybe its not supposed to be). I was hoping when I zoom in on an image looking at the ip cam it would look better but it looks just as bad as my old cams.

However when viewing in IE or the actual software in h264 mode, it does look really nice.

It does come with the 32 cam NVR, of course I bought the 1480 card last year & I dont really need the NVR but I guess its nice.

It was very easy to add the new cam into the mix.

I just wish the mobile would look better. Its hard to demo at a customer when your images look crappy. I did pickup a 600 line sony too & that doesnt really look any better than the 480 line ones.

Any suggestions?

What app are you using? Since most people have to pay for their data, and most cellular data services tend to be relatively low bandwidth, I suspect the app is scaling back the resolution and using higher compression to minimize the bandwidth required.

I tried the android geo app, and the android geo app called IP Cam Viewer, itouch geo app.

Again, they look pretty decent in IE, but mobile is pretty pixelated.

Did you set the picture quality to "large" in the web services section? That makes a huge difference.