Sign in to follow this  
cctvinstallers

hi all

Hi I have a site , I was wondering if anyone can recommend some reasonably priced home cctv systems that I can sell on it ?

Are wireless ones the way to go for ease of installation or are they unreliable ?

Hi I have a site , I was wondering if anyone can recommend some reasonably priced home cctv systems that I can sell on it ?

Are wireless ones the way to go for ease of installation or are they unreliable ?

Hi cctvinstallers, I have been checking out the worldwide Ebay sites and came across a couple of chinese systems that may or may not be any good.

Might pay you to check out alibaba.com also. Have seen some posts where it is suggested that Taiwan has a couple of good cctv suppliers. You can specify Taiwan in an alibaba.com search.

I am new to all this myself, and after many hours of research - but no practical experience yet, it would seem that the Axis range might be good quality at a reasonable price.

It is all a bit daunting for us newbies. Good luck with your new business.

Rocket.

Wireless, as a rule, is always the last resort. I do a lot of wireless and it takes far more planning and troubleshooting to get it done, rather than just to drill a few holes, run some conduit and fish lines up walls. A little over a year ago, I had a customer who insisted I mount up wireless cameras at his business because he didn't want to see those "ugly" Cat5 cables. I went over, did a spectrum analysis and found close to 70 wireless AP's with my net book alone (wireless B & G). The system got hard wired. You may get lucky once in a while in urban areas, but be prepared for phone calls when connectivity is lost due to someone setting up another AP on the same channel.