destro_23

Can Avermedia Overlay network thermal POS printer?

I have an epson TM-T88III ethernet network printer and was wondering if the avermedia POS overlay software can grab those print requests? and overlay them?

I have an epson TM-T88III ethernet network printer and was wondering if the avermedia POS overlay software can grab those print requests? and overlay them?

The answer is maybe. The POS software will take it from the POS unit rather than the printer. And there in lies the difficulty. You will need to see if you can configure the POS unit to duplicate the print feed.

I know one restaurant POS company whose software can do that. I specifically asked the developer to come up with an interface that sends all the transactions to me whether they are printed or not. Even non-printing changes to the POS ticket data is still sent.

The reason i ask is because in the avermedia software in the POS section i see an input for an IP address...

Is there a way to get the epson ethernet print server to send to that also?

Attached is the Avermedia pos screenshot...

and attached is the Epson "print server" setup... when i type in IP of the printer this is the screen i see to set them up... i'm trying to figure out what an "ip trap" is.

Aver_pos_setup.JPG.5a560fb73de24fb722105770055ed198.JPG

epson_web_interface.jpg.146119dce17ca0cc4c8ce3ec65a6d906.jpg

Where did you get the port number from? Also, there is no IP setting. It is set to APIPA and you have typed a class A IP address.

Where did you get the port number from? Also, there is no IP setting. It is set to APIPA and you have typed a class A IP address.

The port number magically just pops in there

And the IP settings are there but i cut them off the image by mistake... 10.1.10.120 255.255.255.255 and 10.1.10.1 for router dns

Honestly I haven't done any Network Printer POS data capture but, I believe that there has to be a UDP streaming service possibly on the POS device or computer that can send the data out. I don't think you can just connect to the printer and capture data this way. I think the data has to be sent out and we subscribe to the UDP stream.

yea thats what i'm looking into now... i'm doing searches on "printer pooling" as it's an option in windows... this would be HUGE if i can get it to work. I also just posted a question to avermedia's help site.

I know Aloha by Radiant Systems has this feature integrated as do a few other POS systems. Outside of direct integration you would need to some clever port forwarding trickery I would imagine.