MetzLyov

Does anyone like or dislike Panasonic and why?

I am curious what this forum thinks of Panasonic Security products besides them being the most expensive.

I read many posts about this manufacturer in this forum and so far, can not find anybody liking it or do not see why they dislike it, except that they are very expensive...

Levon

I like their cameras. Nothing else camera wise to compare it to except a cheap Lorex I used, but when I am looking for a new camera, Panasonic is always my first choice. No doubt, the name has something to do with it.

I am actually selling 2 on ebay (B/W BP334 and a CF224 Dome) so I can use it towards a WV-CP484.

Their WJ-HD316 DVR for example is beautiful to look at in person... just so bloody expensive though. I watched a supposedly 'experienced' tech have a hell of a time going through the menus in a demo though. Little too advanced for him I guess.

I stopped dealing with Panasonic years ago because their "customer service" was a joke! They had an attitude that they didn't NEED to care because they were so big. From that point on I refused to buy anything with the Panasonic name (and I'm sure they felt the drop in sales ).

Sammie,

You hit one of the nails in the head with mention of "customer service" being a joke or how about, non-existent... There are only (2) items we still buy from them and did in the past - their previous CP470+ and now CP480+ series and CL920 series cameras and that is all... 99% of our purchases are these 2 series of cameras...

G22 - to operate their DVRs, you not only have to go through a extensive training, but also have to be an engineer to even understand most of the fucntions and how to use them and agree with you...

Levon

Agreed. I had a hard time when I first setup even our WV-CP474 at work because of the camera menu options and I also had zero experience as an end-user. Once I used the 474 I was hooked I guess. I look forward to a WV-CP484 and using it at home. 920 would be nice as well.

Hopefully, I never have to call Pan tech support though. Just like Dell... I pray I never have to call them either if I have a computer prob.

There is a simple solution to dealing with Dell. Have two tech support staff. Get one Dell Certified. Then he can just order parts for them.

To be Dell certified, you need to have basic computer skills and speak clear English.

Oops... I mean you jus have to 'speak' English

Edited by Guest

I'd rather dry shave with a dull steak knife then call a tech support hotline for places like Dell, HP, SBC, etc. First of all they are reading from a script and very few are "experts". Asking me questions like "Do you have the PC turned On?" I can do without.

scottj

id just stick the PC on the wall so the garbage truck can take it next pick up ))))))))))

Basically the experience you guys had or still have with Dell is the same as Panasonic. The situation is even worse now - They are still in process to shut down their New Jersey and Seatle offices and warehouses and moving everthing somewhere in Chicago area. When we place an order, I mean any order with them, it takes at least three to four weeks to get product and sometime, you do not get what you ordered and then again you go back to the same cycle.... get RMA, send the product back with your own cost and then wait again for another several weeks...

It is extremely difficult to work with them specially now...

Levon