WestmontYard

Camera store? Video degradation

I work in a sports complex and we we're looking to get a 12-16 camera system. I have been doing a lot of research, and have found a lot of sites to buy cameras from, but I don't know how reliable they are, or if theres one place that most people order from. Also any advice about cameras would be appreciated. Most cameras will be inside, but I'd need a couple on our parking lot as well.

Also I'm in the US. I know sometimes that changes things.

Also is there a cord limit before video starts degrading? Cameras could be 250 feet away from the dvr.

Any help would hugely appreciated thank you!

http://www.supplycctv.com/sup-16pkg.html (like is this a terrible system?) I'm open to suggestions

Also we are looking to place some cameras on our soccer fields, would a regular dome camera survive a 60mph soccer ball?? Or a lacrosse ball? Would I need to get vandall resistane dome?

There are plenty of great equipment reviews on this Forum which are written by people installing these on a daily basis.

However, with such a property such as a Sports complex it would be adviseable to have a professional CCTV company design and install a suitable system for you. The trouble is there are so many different flavours of camera's, dvrs and cable you might spend your budget on a system that is not suitable and who will get the blame ?

The cameras in the kit you are looking at all have fixed 3.6mm lenses, which might be fine for a reception area, but might not be good out side.

Call a Professional ! (I hope I don't sound too Bitter and Twisted!)

Also we are looking to place some cameras on our soccer fields, would a regular dome camera survive a 60mph soccer ball?? Or a lacrosse ball? Would I need to get vandall resistane dome?

I think most cameras are okey, if just for security purpose.

Hello, host. If you use in inside, the dome camera is ok. and how long between the camera and DVR is not important, the most important is that:

1. Do you need to see color or B/W object

2. how long of the distance you need to be?

it depend on the Focal lens also. the focal lens larger, you will be see wider and longer a little.

3. What is the Horizontal Resolution you need ? 420TVL, 480TVL, 500TVL 520TVL.... or more

If you need, you can reference the below camera is interesting you?

http://www.lbtech.com.cn/en/product_more1.asp?id=286&pid=12 (long distance camera ).....

More information ,you also can contact me : cindy@lbtech.com.cn or MSN: cindyliu172217267@163.com . We are the camera factory..............

I CAN'T UNDERSTAND HOW A COMPANY OR SPORTS CENTER CAN TURN A INDIVIDUAL LOOSE IN INSTALLING A SURVEILLANCE SYSYTEM THAT APPEARS TO BE RATHER COMPLICATED WHEN YOU ADMIT FROM YOUR QUESTIONS, YOU HAVE NO EXPERIENCE WHAT SO EVER. BEFORE YOU GET DEEPER AND DEEPER INTO PROBLEMS, IF YOUR SMART, YOU WILL DROP THE PROJECT AND TELL THEM TO HIRE A QUALIFIED COMPANY TO DO THE JOB. THESE PLUG AND PLAY CCTV SYSTEMS ARE NOT THE TYPE OF EQUIPMENT YOU NEED FOR THE JOB.