atxray

motion detection email alerts

helloo all..

i want to make my DVR send alerts email when motion detection..

i think i did the right steps but its not working.. but am not sure !

this is the steps i followed( in the attached file)

Step one(pic 1-s1):

At first I make this sittings for the mail setup in the DVR, the “admin” & “******” are my credentials for the DVR account. The receiver email is my yahoo email account.

Step two (pic 2-s2):

After that I forward the SMTP port “25” in my router to the DVR’s IP.

Then, I enabled the motions detection option for some cameras, coz I don’t want the DVR to send me alerts for all cameras.

, kindly let me know if there is somthing missing.

thank you in advance

s1.PNG.c9dc83692867e5606389f2780afad69f.PNG

s2.PNG.a0452274701e3e1041041b74b14ea841.PNG

Best advice I can offer is get a free gmail account, then set up your dvr for SSL and use port 465

That has worked on 5 DVR's for us so far.

And if you want to send the alerts to multiple people - I use a second gmail account to receive the emailed alerts, then set up filters to forward anything from "mydvr@gmail.com" or whatever, to "nextrecipient@yahoo.com" or whatever email address you like. That way once you get the DVR working, you'll have more control using filters in gmail.

Oh and another trick is you can even sent it up to SMS or MMS a phone... by sending to 18175551212@tmomail.net or 12145551212@mms.att.net or whatever... And yep - it works.

You shouldn't need to forward port 25 in your router, that would be if you were receiving email at the DVR.

The settings you are showing are for your email provider account.

The username is your email username, not the DVR, and the password would be your email SMTP password. You should be able to set it up similar to how you would do Outlook Express, or Eudora. Check your provider for assistance with the SMTP server name and ports. And as was mentioned, a lot of providers block port

25 so you may have to use an alternate port.

Try your settings using an email client like Eudora from your PC. If you can't get that to work with your settings then the DVR won't work either.

I'll chime in one more time, only because I struggled through this too

These are the settings for Gmail - which is what I use on 3 DVR's with 100% success, note your dvr must support SSL connection to use gmail though...

smtp.gmail.com
SSL on
port 465
username: yourdvr@gmail.com (you make this obviously)
password: yourpw (obviously, this is what you make it)

These settings will be an account you create for the DVR to log in and SEND out emails to where you want.

use your ISP's SMTP Server name or IP address when using Port 25.

Ping the server name to get the IP.

Why is it that Exacq always works and most other devices fail?

Best,

Christopher

Plug plug plug

Why is it that Exacq always works and most other devices fail?

Best,

Christopher

In this case it doesnt look like anything is failing.

the OP is doing it all wrong to begin with.

They are using their DVR's login as the SMTP server's login.

They are forwarding port 25 to their DVR which does nothing.

Additionally their ISP could be blocking port 25, if they are using their website's SMTP server instead of their ISP's and still trying to use port 25, then normally it will fail.

Nothing to do with what device or software they are using.

Though Im sure Exacq probably tests their email code with more US based servers than say a company in China would, and it can vary from one to the next plus its ever changing - eg. I had code that worked fine a couple years ago especially with my ISP's SMTP server - now it does not.

Hi, here is tip for all of you having problem with your DVR connection with email(in my case for sending me alerts about motion detect): 1. enable POP and IMAP in your email settings

2.you must contact your internet provider and ask them to enable port 25(usually is 25 without SSL) so you can have access to your email port and make connection between your server and email for outgoing messages.

I hope that this tip will help.