jeromephone

cameras randomdly shutting down

I have a 32 camera geo nvr with about 15 geovision outside and interior cameras both gvmfd 110 and gvbl110d. server has 8 gig intenal memory and 8 terrabyt storage. for some reason I keep getting random video loss on about half of the cameras. I am running them poe off from netgear swithchs and this is occuring during the daytime so ifrared power requirements should not be a issue the cameas go dark for a few seconds and then come back up again. software is 8.4 with no analog cameras installed also no third party cameras either. Any help much appreciated

Hello

Is it always the same cameras going off? Have you tried cameras that don't shut off in spots of the cameras that do. How many POE switches are you using? is it always cameras on the same POE switch. Try a few things like swapping The ports on POE switch see if the issue follows to new port. Also what are you powering thePOE switch with? UPS installed?

Wow...I can't believe someone actually has the same problem as me! I have experienced the same issue on v8.4, v8.3, and also v8.2. I am using GeoVision's own cameras.

Oh, and this problem occurred whether I was powering the cameras on PoE or directly through a power adapter.

15 megapixel cameras. Check your bandwidth.

I don't know how your premise is wired but definitely check on your bandwidth. Could be you have a choke point somewhere or your network is simply flooded. Actually, I'd almost bet the house on this being the issue (almost, so no you can't have my house if I'm wrong )

It's unlikely to be your PoE switch, but make sure that's not maxed out.

Very very possible Campbell is right. MP cams require a lot of upload bandwidth if your network isn't putting out at least 1mb per channel than yes very very likely this is a bandwidth problem. Run a free speed test on site. Www.speedtest.net

Very very possible Campbell is right. MP cams require a lot of upload bandwidth if your network isn't putting out at least 1mb per channel than yes very very likely this is a bandwidth problem. Run a free speed test on site. http://Www.speedtest.net

Running the speedtest may not be helpful. All that does is checks your upload and download speeds on the internet. Dependent on where everything is located on the network, this might not tell you anything at all.

A network diagram is more helpful and would allow us to identify whether it is a network problem (which Im betting it is)

The network was completly empty at the time of the issue

All cat 6 cable tested and certified

Netgear switch POE

Geovision server

No other equipment PCs, servers, routhers etc.

As an update we have installed a 2nd GEovision server and it seems to be running fine. It has the same specks as server #1 There is now more customers equip on the network but we are running on our own subnet and still have our own switch.

Kind of a related question did anyone solve the problem? I am wondering about NIC card settings which I can check Tuesday We are going to swap cameras an see if the problem follows the cameras or the server

We have several Geo NVR systems installed running 14 to 18 IP's and haven't experienced any dropouts. Over a 100Mb network, that number of cameras shouldn't overload your subnet. The only bottleneck might be from the switch to the server. All of our servers use Gigabit NIC's which tie in to a Gigbit port on the switch.

Very very possible Campbell is right. MP cams require a lot of upload bandwidth if your network isn't putting out at least 1mb per channel than yes very very likely this is a bandwidth problem. Run a free speed test on site. http://Www.speedtest.net

Speedtest only checks your WAN bandwidth.

15 megapixel cameras. Check your bandwidth.

I don't know how your premise is wired but definitely check on your bandwidth. Could be you have a choke point somewhere or your network is simply flooded. Actually, I'd almost bet the house on this being the issue (almost, so no you can't have my house if I'm wrong )

It's unlikely to be your PoE switch, but make sure that's not maxed out.

I've been having the same issues, GV camers randomly going out. I have a two systems with 15 IP cameras comming in from all sorts of switches in a large hotel. I noticed that if I just restart the camera ie. power cycle it works again. It always happens in areas where I know the bandwith is being used up heavily. Its frustrating.

problem solved. It turned out to be a bad driver for the NIC on the server. The unit was only connecting at 10/mps ur supplier got us another driver and now we are connecting to the switch at 1000 . What threw me off was the fact that we could ping everything and the IP addresses all looked ok but the NIC was causing the problem when all the cameras were going> I don't think the cameras were actually going out but the data strems got so clogged up the server sensed they were down.

Thanks everyone for your help

Thank you kindly for taking the time to post the resolution - so often users don't come back with a resolution after many users have tried to assist them.

These sorts of questions and resolutions tend to add to everybody's repertoire - thanks again!